8

Anna wakes up in a strange room. She wasn't alone, there was a figure on the opposite side of the room. He is unmoving. She tries to get up, but she can't. Her arms are bound tightly to a pole behind her back.

"Hello?" Her voice is so quiet she can't hear it. Damn her for being so shy. She can't even speak to someone who is being held prisoner.

Wait. If he was being held captive, and she couldn't move, was she in the same position as him?

She whimpers and buries her head in her knees.

"Anna, I'm sorry," an almost silent voice murmurs. Her head shoots up, the figure across the room was looking at her.

"Leo?" She asks, then anger overtakes her, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME LEO?!"

"I dragged you into my life, I got attached to you. That was a mistake I will never be able to make up to you," he whispers, his dark eyes meeting hers.

"Leo, what are you talking about?" She snaps, he hangs his head. A single tear traces down his face.

"Because of me, because I came into your life, you're going to live the rest of your life in misery," he mewls softly.

"What?"

"You'll never see your grandfather again, hell, unless you're lucky, you'll never see the surface again!"

"Leo, you're confusing me."

"Then allow me to enlighten you," a gruff voice says, the door swings open, revealing Leo's uncle. Leo immediately flinches.

"Leo has a connection to me, the leader of one of the most powerful drug rings in the world. The little bastard had to get you involved. We assumed he had told you when he went to your house, so naturally, we had to keep you from blabbing," he explains with a cruel smile on his face. He reaches out and grabs her hair, yanking her head back.

"What are you going to do to me?" She whimpers as he nears her face. He stops at her ear, his hot breath traveling down her neck.

"We don't just do drugs sweetheart."