Chapter 5

*Hope's POV*

          "Wake up Hope. Today's the day." said mom. I groaned and covered myself with the blanket. I heard mom laugh, then shook me.

          "Wake up! Today's the big day." She said again.

          "Mom, I don't want to wake up." I said annoyed.

          "Then how are you going to find your mate?" I snapped my eyes open.

           "Today is the day isn't it." I asked uncovering myself from the warmth.

           "Yes, and I want you to dress nice today. I want you to look good for your mate." She said winking at me. I shook my head and gave her a glare. Mom smiled and left me.

           I went to my dresser and picked out some jeans and a white t-shirt. I went to the bathroom and got dressed. I looked up at myself seeing a tall boy with white hair. I smiled thinking of who my mate is.

          Me and Michelle have been dating like a year and I know she's my mate, I can feel it. Even without my wolf.

          I combed my hair then shaking it a little to give it a nice look. I walked out of the bathroom and headed down stairs. Dad was sitting on the couch watching the news about 10 humans have died this past week. Dad watched as the TV showed some girl's dead body. Her neck has been ripped out and there are cuts all over her arms and face.

          "Dad." I said making him jump by surprise. He smiled and scooted over for I can sit by him.

          "Hey son, so are you excited about today?" He asked as he watched the TV.

          "Kind of, a little nervous." I said sitting down.

          "Yeah, I was too when I was your age." Dad said sadly. I looked at him seeing him frown. I wonder why?

          Mom came in with a big smile on her face. "Guess who's here?" Mom said smiling as Michelle came into the room. Then her scent hit my nose and I felt myself growl. Her eyes met mine and all I said was. "Mate." I said and I stood up. I ran to her side making her blush as I creased her cheek.

           Mom laughed and hugged us both. "Oh, my baby is growing up." She said hugging me tight. Since I've been dating Michelle, I told her I couldn't shift and she accepted that.

           I looked behind me seeing dad angry. "What's wrong dad?" I asked looking at him. His gaze was towards Michelle. Michelle stayed behind me as dad growled.

          "What's wrong dad?" I said getting angry at him for not answering me.

          "She can't be your mate." He said staring at me with those black eyes of his.

          "And why not? She's my mate. Fate put us together." I said yelling at him. We stared at each other before mom spoke.

          "Hope, take Michelle to your room and stay there for now." I nodded and grabbed her hand feeling sparks. Dad watched us leave before we heard yelling. I pushed Michelle into my room watching her walk to my bed. I do have a nice room.

           A king sized bed, Tv, xbox one, and my own bathroom. I walked to her side and put my arms around her. She sighed and leaned back into me. I kissed her forehead making her gasp. She turned around and looked up at me. I'm 6'1 and she is 5'6.

          I leaned in watching her with my eyes. She smiled and leaned in too. As our lips met, all I thought was this is pure bliss. I kissed her hard and she wrapped her arms around my neck. We broke apart for air.