Chapter 18

Light*

Three weeks has pass in Portage Creek, while my time it is already December. Snow is already falling from the clouded sky, temperature drops 3 degrees lower. The weather doesn't bother me though and I'm glad, but that doesn't matter. Passed few days has be hard staying away from the one you love. I can't seem to get him out of my head. I tried everything like: fighting, working on my powers, even drinking, but I can't get drunk.

I watched as Lucas came in with a frown across his face. Lately, he has been worried and I know that. When I went to see the elders, they told me that they found something unusual. They gave me this crystal, it's all black, and I could feel dark power all around it. I put it in a glass jar where I also put a shield around it. It's power is at the same level with my power. So I always have it with me because it could do anything.

"Your highness." Lucas said bringing me back from my thoughts. I rubbed my head and looked at him. He was wearing a black sweat shirt and jeans. "Yes Lucas." I said tiredly. He sighed and looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "You need to see him Light." It's been awhile since he said my name, it felt weird. "I can't Lucas. I don't think he's ready to take something this big. I've been doing this over 500 years while Hope didn't." I said frustrated. "How would you know Light? If you didn't tell him who you are and what you are, how can you be sure?" Lucas said staring at me. He was right. Two weeks has be rough because I can feel Hopes sadness and hurt. I haven't been watching him like I promised. I just can't, I can't go near him because I feel like I'm going to be rejected.

I shook my head and looked up at Lucas. He gasped as he saw my face. I haven't cried since the battle when I saw my own family died in front me. This makes me weak, crying over something that I'm used too cry over. I sniffled and leaned back against the headrest of the throne. "Your-." I raised my hand, silencing him at once. I listened carefully to the sounds around me. Hearing the wind against the glass windows, the ocean outside as it slowly moved, and I could hear a faint sound of whistling. A smile slip across my lips as I listened to the sounds. So peaceful, so calm, so gentle. I wiped my tears away and looked up. I know what I must do.

"Get my cloak." Lucas nodded and ran off.

Hope*

I haven't seen Reed forever. I can't feel her presence anymore. Hurt is all I known for the passed two weeks. I'm finally moved back into my room, and the good part is that dad apologized to me. He told me that his wolf took over the passed week and he didn't come back until his wolf was satisfied. I told him it alright and we went back to be father and son.

So here I am watching Mavis and Max while watching Tv. "Give that back!" Mavis shouted as Max took her doll. "No! You stole my car." Mavis lunged at Max, but I quickly grabbed her. "Guys stop fighting. Max give her doll. Mavis give back his car." I said looking at them. Mavis growled while Max smirked. They handed their stuff at the same time which I was glad. They both went back to playing when suddenly a knock was heard. "Stay here." I whispered to them. They nodded and I continued to the door. As I grew closer to the door, I suddenly got this feeling in my chest.

I opened the door a little bit to quickly, that I hit my head accidentally. "Ow." I said rubbing my forehead and opened the door wider. My mouth fell open to see Reed there in her black cloak like the last time I saw her. "R-Reed." I choked out surprised. She chuckled and raised her hand, then creased my cheek which sent butterflies in my stomach. "W-What you doing here?" I stuttered still surprised she is here standing at my door. ~I was wondering if you like to go on a run. I know you haven't shifted for awhile~ She was right about me not shifting and I was aching to do so, but I was always busy. "Well, I can't. I'm babysitting my cousins." I said to her. I could feel her emotion change rapidly, turning to happy to hurt. ~Oh, my bad. Who you babysitting~ I turned my head seeing Mavis and Max peeking behind the wall.

"Can we, um. Talk outside." I asked her. She nodded and I stepped outside shutting the door behinds me. "I'm sorry that I can't run with you. I really do, but the adults are gone and I have to babysit." I said ashamed a little. ~Hope, I'm not upset. I'm glad your babysitting, but you do need to shift sometime soon. I'm worried a little~ I could feel her worry through her words. I nodded, then a thought popped in my mind. "When I shifted two weeks ago. You said that I'll be shifting into four other animals. What did you mean?" I asked as I watch her move her covered face to the side.

~I'm saying, that you will turn into four other animals~ I gaped at her words as it went through my head. "So, I can shift into other animals?" This was to much to know. ~Yes, but I don't know when you will~ I nodded and I heard screaming and yelling behind the door. "I-I better go see what there d-doing." I said nervously. ~Alright, see you soon my love~ Then a blink of an eye, she vanished. I wonder how she does that. I walked back in to see Max and Mavis pushing each other. "Whoa whoa! What's going on here?" I said placing my hand on my hips. Max pointed at Mavis who pointed back at him. "Well?" Mavis giggled which put a confused face on me. "Max was peeking through the window while you were talking to that scaring women." Max pushed her a little while crossing his arms while pouting.

"You were spying on us." I choked out a little bit disappointed in them. Mavis looked down ashamed while Max had tears running down his rosy cheeks. "Why are you crying? I'm not mad." I said kneeling down so I was looking into his teary brown eyes. He sniffled and looked at me. "Because *hiccup* I was spying *hiccup* on you *hiccup* and your friend." he said sobbing into my shirt. "Listen, it's ok. I'm ok with it. Really." I said reassuring him with a smile. He nodded and hugged me.

"You guys hungry?" They both nodded and so we went to the kitchen.

<>

After lunch we watch some movies like: Beauty and the beast, Spongebob Squarepants The Movie, and Wreck-It Ralph. The door opened to see dad, mom, and the others coming in with smiles. Dad entered the living room to see me with the two sleepy kids. "How were they?" Lilly asked as she came to my side. "They were great. They were worn out from all the excitement." I whispered quietly. "Good." Her mate came over and picked Max up as Lilly picked Mavis up.

Dad sat next to me and smiled. "Did you have fun with the kids?" he asked turning his head towards me. I nodded letting out a yawn. "Any problems while we were gone?" I shook my head, yawning again. "Nah, we just watch movies, played games, and watch more movies." Dad nodded and got up. "You hungry?" I shook my head getting up. "I think I'm going to bed." I said turning off the Tv. "It's a little early to go to bed." I looked at the clock that was on the wall by the Tv. "5:15 is not that early." I was tired and all I want to do is sleep. "Alright, but if you wake up in the middle of the night hungry. It's your fault."

I waved him off and headed up the stairs. I entered my room and collapsed on my bed. I cuddled into my pillow and drifted off.

Dream:

"Hope...Hope." A voice said as I ran through the trees. I was getting closer, and closer, but it all vanished. I was now in a throne room. I looked around carefully. "Hope." I gazed up to see a throne with someone in it. I could see the outline of the person, it was a girl. She had her head rested on her hand while her other hand was rested on her lap. I looked at the ground seeing white feathers everywhere. The only light was above me was an opening skylight. I looked back up to the girl seeing her hair blowing against the wind that came suddenly.

I could see that the girl was wearing armor because the sunlight hit it perfectly. I took a step towards her, it hurt to move, but I pushed onward. I looked at the steps that started to go up. I took a deep breath, then placed one foot on the first step. The step hummed under my foot, making me feel something that I never felt before. I took another and another feeling this power rush up my body, like electricity. I made it to the last step and now I was only a few feet away from her. The light reflected her armor, that I could tell it was silver or maybe gold. I stepped closer suddenly feeling a pull towards her.

"Hope." The voice came again and I understood it came from the girl in front of me. "Hello." My voice was shaking as she started to stir. "H-Hello." She stirred more till she opened her eyes. I gasped as she stared at me with those familiar bluish green eyes. She looked around, but not at me. Can she see me? She looked at me, but her face was a shadow, I couldn't tell who she is. Her armor showed perfectly though. Her arms were covered in silver armor, her chest was also covered with a bird shaped gold crest. I wonder what it means. Her legs were covered as well, and on her left side, flowing down to her feet were bunch of feathers, all white. They remind me of that feather that I got from my other dream.

The girl kept looking around, then spoke, but no words came out. I was confused. "Hello." I said a little louder, but it didn't do much. She couldn't hear me or see me. I looked behind me to see a man, weird thing is I can see his whole face. He had blonde hair, blue eyes, muscular, and he wore a silver armor almost like the girl behind me is wearing. He bowed his head, not at me, but the girl that was beside me. She looked angry, fierce, and dominant. Her lips moved and no words were heard. The man that looks familiar nodded and walked away.

"Hope...where are you?" The voice came again. I turned to the girl that was back at on her throne. Even I know this is a dream, but seems so realistic. "Hope.." I put my hands on my ears as I heard the voice again, but louder. "You have to know." It said again. "Know? To know what?" I said shouting at the voice that was somewhere. "You have to know." Again and again. "Please...what do I need to know?" I said as I fell to my knees. "To take the risk." Then everything faded.

Dream over:

I gasped and sit up in bed which I was covered in sweat. I looked around my dark room showing nothing but shadows from the moon that shined through my window. I looked down and nearly yelped, my birthmark was glowing blue and it was moving. The letter 'G' was still there, but not the 18 anymore, but replaced by number two. I looked up at the dark ceiling, then remembering the voice and the girl. Who was that voice and what did it mean I had to take the risk? And who is the girl who is slightly familiar. It came to me and I realized I just saw her without her cloak.

That girl is none other than Reed.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>£

Sorry for the long update. I been busy with homework and other things. I'm also sorry about deleting 'Your Mine, Got That' it didn't come to me. But thank u for reading it half way. I hope u all understand. On side is what she looked like as he saw her in his dream

Comment
Vote