Chapter 20

Hope

I looked between Lilly and Reed who looked at each other. Lilly looked confused, but something click in her mind. "No, it can't be." She choked out. Luke, her mate who was covered in cuts and bruises came to her, then wrapped his arms around her. "Your gone, you vanished." I felt Reeds hand tighten around my waist. "But I said I'll return." Reed said calmly. Lilly had tears running down her cheeks before running towards us. I stepped aside where Lilly wrapped her arms around her. "I've missed you." She sobbed.

Reed wrapped her armor arms around her. "I've missed you little one. No need to cry." I looked around seeing people looking at them weirdly. Luke fisted his hands and walked towards them. He pulled Lilly from Reed and snarled. "Mine." Reed chuckled and pull me to her side. "This is mine." I blushed when she said I was hers. Lilly looked confused, but her face scrunched up with something that I didn't recognized. I think Reed saw that and unwrap her arm around me, making me feel cold. "Let's go talk somewhere else, for privacy." Lilly nodded and motion her to follow. Everyone parted and let them pass. I wanted to follow, but I knew that they needed privacy.

As they left everyone turned to me. I was glad when the pack doctor came and told them to go to the infirmary for a check up. I found out some of our pack members have died, but luckily that didn't have mates or their mates would go crazy or become rogue. I sat down next to dads bed and watch him sleep. I can't believe he took his own life to save me. I feel stupid to not listen to dad, but if I didn't get that wolf off dad he would of died. Instead he saved me, not me saving him. I grabbed dads hand feeling his warmth coming back. I wonder where mom is? I got up and walked out of the infirmary. I gasped as I saw mom on the floor in wolf form whimpering. "Mom." She looked up at me and tried to get up. I can tell she's weak from seeing dad dead. "Mom, dad is alright. He's healed." I watched as her eyes turn from black to green. She sighed, she was relieved.

I sat next to mom and ran my hands through her fur. She sighed and looked at me. ~I'm glad your safe~ I smiled and patted her big head. "I'm glad your safe as well mom." She nodded and slowly got. She was about walk when she got hit with something. "Mom?" She jumped and groaned when she fell backwards. I placed my hand out, but I didn't feel anything. I looked at mom who whined and laid back down. "What's wrong?" ~That girl who carried my husband did something to me. I can't move that much~ She whimpered and laid her head on her paws. "I'll be back and bring you clothes." She nodded while I got up and went upstairs.

I walked pass doors as I made it to moms room. I went to her closet and pulled out some clothes for her. I walked out of her room and walked back, but stopped when I heard voices. I looked at the door that I was about to pass. "-I can't believe your back from the dead." Lilly said with excitement. I heard Reed laugh, it sounded so heavenly in my ears. "Little one, as you can see I'm not dead and never was." Reed said calmly to my Aunt. "How long has it been since we last time saw you?" Lilly said. "Dear one, I'll explain to everyone why I came back when Zach is awake. He will be the most surprised." Reeds words were laced with sadness. "You know he's going to say it when he finds out it's you?" I gaped at the door. What do they mean my dad is going to say when he finds out that my mate is Reed. I shook my head and leaned closer to the door.

"I know, it's going to be hard on his mate. She'll might fight me as well. I don't know what to do when I beat her. I might as well fake my fighting and let her win." What! "Well, it's up to you. When we found out she was Zach's mate, it was just...wow." What are they saying? "Well, we better get down there because Zach is about to wake up from his slumber." I heard chairs move so I quickly ran down stairs. Crap! I totally forgot that I have moms clothes. I ran into the living room and placed moms clothes near her.

I turned and ran towards the infirmary where a bunch of people were gathered around the door. "Where's my son! I need to see him now!" Dad shouted and I let a few tears fall. He's alright, he's alive. I pushed people aside and barged in. The pack doctor turned to me, and stepped aside so I can see dad. Dad was hooked up to a heart modern and some tubes. When dad saw me he immediately and slowly got out of bed. I ran to him and wrapped my arms around him. "I'm glad your ok dad." I said hugging him tight. "No son, I'm glad your ok." I just hugged him till a throat cleared. We both separated and turned to see Lilly and mom. I guess whatever that was keeping mom in finally let let her out. "ZACH!" Mom yelled as she ran to him and lunged at him, giving him a big hug and ton of kisses all over his face. "You were dead. How can you be alive?" Dad looked at her confused. "What do you mean I was dead?" Oh no!

"This person had you in their arms. I saw that you had a cut on your throat and you were bleeding out. You were dead. My wolf was heart broken, me as well. We thought you were gone." Mom was crying by now and laying kisses on his face. Dad looked at me, then passed me to Lilly who just smiled. "Is the person still here?" Dad asked as he wrapped his arms around mom protectively. "Yes, the person is still here and waiting for you so you can talk." Lilly said slowly. "Ok, let's take it in my office." Lilly nodded and walked out. Dad looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and looked at the ground. It's going to be hard when he finds out that my mate is the one who saved him.

The doctor came back and unhooked him and told him that he needs to take it easy. "Tim can you come with me and bring Marissa as well?" Dad asked as he turned to Tim who was the next bed over. Tim nodded and the doctor looked at him. I have a feeling today is going to be a little awkward.

Light

I stood by the window watching as some of the pack members picked up the dead bodies. I could heal them, but sadly everyone has to die sometime. The door opened making me look back to see Hope, Zach, his mate, and two other people. I smiled even though there in for a big surprise. Zach stopped in his tracks when he saw me. He growled and put his mate behind him. "Who are you?" He asked eyeing me carefully. I fisted my hands inside my cloak as I stared at him. He grown so much while I didn't. He was still the same height, his hair changed to a grayish black, and his brown eyes never changed. I looked at Hope who can probably sense my discomfort. "Who are you?" Zach said again in his Alpha voice.

"Dad, this is-." I interrupted him. "Reed. My name is Reed, but you should know me by now Zach." Zach looked at me and stepped forward. He kept opening his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. But when he did, tears fell.

"Lightning."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>£

Ik short, but I want to give you a short part. I'll update soon maybe later today or tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone. On side is Hopes moms wolf.

Comment
Vote