Chapter 8

*HOPE's POV*

     I dodged my dad's blow as we practiced fighting. I have sweat rolling down my face as the hot sun came down on us.

     I smiled as I grabbed my dad's arm and pulled it behind him. "Come on dad. Say it." I said as he struggled against my hold. He laughed and said those words. "I submit. Happy now?" I nodded and let go. He turned to me with his eyes showing proudness and something else.

     "Let's go inside. I heard my mate saying she's making tuna sandwiches and lemonade." I smiled and we went inside. After what happened at school, dad said I can be homeschooled, and I took it. Michelle still has to go to school because of her parents.

     I walked in and headed to the kitchen where I smelled tuna. My stomach growled and I heard mom laugh as she placed a sandwich in front of me as I sat down. I scarfed it all down and burped.

     "What do you say young man?" Mom said, looking at me.

     "Excuse me." I said laughing a little, then dad burped. "Ow, what was that for?" Dad said rubbing his knee.

     Mom laughed and rolled her eyes. "Baby." She said in a baby voice. Dad leaned in as mom did the same. "Guys, come on. I'm here, can you guys take it upstairs." I said covering my eyes.

     Dad laughed and kissed her anyway. I rolled my eyes and headed out of the kitchen before something really happens. I walked out the back door and into the woods. Since last year, I have been going into the woods and running around until I'm worn out. I walked a little until I got to a tiny stream and sat down.

     I stared at the water thinking of what happened at Michelle's house. The water wolf. It's weird how I know it. Well not really knowing it, but thinking about makes me suspicious. I placed my hand on top of the water feeling its coolness. I closed my eyes and thought of the water going up my arm.

     Soon I felt the water going up my arm. I snapped my eyes open to see the water going up my arm to my elbow. I smiled, then the water stopped. I was confused at how I do it.

     The water floated up, then shaped into tiny bubbles. They started to move around me. One of them turned into a star and floated up. I watched it fly to the sky, and when the sun hits it, it makes it light up. As I watched it, a twig snapped behind me, making the water fall.

     I got up and turned around to three boys which I knew already. Shawn stood in the middle, Ryan on his left side, and his other friend on his right. Shawn smirked at me with a evil glint in his eyes. Ryan came forward with a deep growl. He pulled out a knife which I knew it was silver. My eyes went wide as I took a step back. Shawn's smirk widen and came towards me.

     I turned around and ran. I can tell that they were following me by their feet pounding against the ground.

     Soon I was jumped by a wolf who was Shawn's other friend. He snapped his canines at me, making me scared. I think he saw that, so he gave me smirk.

     Shawn appeared in front of me. The one who turned wolf got dressed, then came back out where he and Ryan got me up. Shawn came towards me and raised his fist. I blinked a few times when I knew where this is going. He punched me in the face, stomach, and the face again. I spit out blood that came rushing up my throat. I can feel my body going numb just by thinking of it.

     I can feel that he broken one of my ribs or maybe more. I cried out as he punched me in the stomach again. He laughed and Ryan handed him the knife. I struggled against their hold as Shawn came towards me with the knife. "When you broke my jaw, I was surprised, but I was still hoping you will submit. Now since we got you, I decided to kill you instead." He said looking at me.