Chapter 21

Hope

The air was tense as dad looked at my mate with love, and hurt. I confused and angry. Dad took a step towards her, making me want to go over to Reed, I mean Lightning. The name suits her perfectly and rolls off my tongue just right. Dad had tears running down his cheeks as he looked at Reed. I like calling her Reed, so I'm sticking with it. "Why?" I looked at dad as his face grew serious and hard. Tears has stopped and he took a step back. "It can't be. This has to be joke." He said looking away from her.

"Zach, it is her." Lilly said as she came through the door. Lilly walked passed dad and stood beside my mate. "She's gone Lilly. I know it's been years, but I can't accept that she's here. I just don't believe it." He whispered the last part in a whisper. My mate went to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. He didn't look up, but he tensed under her hand. "Zach Brown, you may not believe me, but I came back. I'm here, flesh in blood not in your imagination." Her voice was laced with sadness and something I couldn't place. "If it is you, prove it." This time he looked up and stepped back. I can feel Reeds emotions and it pained me to say this, but whatever my dad had with my mate was strong. The thing is that they never met before or I could be wrong. Dad did say Reed vanished. Wait does that mean Reed is older than me. No, she has to be the same age as me, were mates and mates suppose to be the same age.

"Prove it." Dad growled and mom went to his side, trying to calm him down. Next thing she did surprised me. She shifted into a white wolf, it's bigger than a Alpha male. She had armor all over her, from head to toe. She had armor on her head that connected to the other pieces. On her chest was the symbol of a bird, like the dream I had of that girl. She had the same symbol, does that mean she's the girl from my dream? She took a step towards dad, but mom shifted and stood in front of her mate. My mate chuckled, but didn't back down. She took a step forward again ignoring my moms threats. ~Zach, I know you can hear me. I'm the girl you've been missing over those 26 years~ How can I hear them, and what does she mean 26 years? Dad had tears running back down his cheeks as he walk to her while shifting.

I was shocked, hurt at what dad just did. He was rubbing against my mate and she's letting him. I felt rejected. I looked down as tears began to fall. I feel so weak, but can you blame me when your mate is rubbing against someone else especially your father. I didn't realize I was walking away till I was near the door. "Zach, you have a mate and I have one." I stopped my hand that was on the knob. "I don't think he wants to be notice yet." I looked up at her and I knew she was looking at me. Is she right though. Should I keep this mate thing secret or let it out?

I don't know what to do, but I did do something, I walked out. Leaving her and everybody else.

Light

I watched him leave, my mate was in pain, and I let it happen. In a blink of an eye, I vanished right in front of them. I was outside waiting for my mate to come out, and I was right. He came out with tears and my heart clenched with sadness. I think he knew I was there so when he looked up he stepped back. "Mate." I said to him slowly. He looked at me, but didn't say a word. "Follow me." I said turning around and heading towards the forest. I knew he was following me because his scent was all around me. We made it to a meadow so I stopped and turned around to my mate who still has tears running down his cheeks. I quickly teleported in front of him and wrapped my arms around him. He slowly wrapped his arms around me and stepped closer to me.

His scent was driving me crazy, vanilla and smoky ash smell like he's been near a fire. Weird thing is that he's '6,0' while I'm '6,2.' I'm worried that showing him the real me will only be down hill. "Do you trust me?" He mumbled as tears still fell. I pulled him back so I was looking down at him. "Yes, I do trust you my love. Why would you think that?" I said moving some hair out of his face. He looked down and didn't say a word. I titled his head back up so I was looking into those green eyes that I love already.