Back in the Past

''Kelly, I have found a job!'' I said with a huge excitement erupting over my body.

- ''Oh, congratulations sweetheart! So, what's your job, Sara?'' She asked me, raising her eyebrow.

''Well, I am an archaeologist now'' I replied, feeling overjoyed.

- ''Oh my God, that is great! To be archaeologist was always your dream.. If our parents were alive, they would be so proud of you.''

''Can we stop talking about them?'' Guilt pierced, trough me.

- ''I am sorry. By the way Sara, I have to go. My friends, came to pick me up. Goodbye!'' She said and went outside.

Why don't I want to talk about my parents? How did I get my job?

Well, it all started that day...

As I held the last bag and took a glance over the house, my mother shouted to me to be quick or else we will miss the plane.

We are going to my favorite country, Egypt or as I call it, the ancient country.

Since I was five, as I watched various documentaries about Pharaoh's my mother watched on the television, I come off with a dream.

That dream was to become an archaeologist; to go to Egypt, visit the Sphinx, the pyramids and see Pharaoh's things.

Being so interested in the Egyptian history and ancient culture, I learned the hieroglyphs.

My parents noticed that addiction of mine so, they promised me they would send me there under one condition... Only if I finish my elementary and high school with straight A's.

There were times, when I was clumsy, lazy and lost my self-confidence but I raised my head and tried my best to win the trip.

My motto is: If you work hard, you will achieve what you want.

Now all my hard work is being paid off.

I regret nothing at all, even if I have lost the chance of dating, going to parties and doing other wild stuff that teenagers do.

I had kind of a hard time at first but also a good one. When I went to school, I was being called the school nerd. All boys and girls laughed at me, bullied and mocked me for being a nerdie.

Well, it's true that the words hurt more than a sword.

I even tried to not listen to them but their words, hurt me a lot and sometimes there were times when I lost hope but I kept going; I had a motivation that kept me standing on my legs.

I kept saying to myself, that I shouldn't lose the chance to complete my life goal for them; for worthless people who know nothing.

Enduring all that pain, was the price I had to pay for my dreams...

Just not to sound unsocial or not fun and I had a lot of fun going out, to parties or night clubs and I also had good friends which I befriended in the high school.

The special day, that I am going to remember all my life is when I went to my prom. I had a geek partner, who asked me to be his companion or the prom.

He was kind and sweet and treated me with huge respect but we were only friends and nothing more.

That night I had lots of fun with Kelly, him and my friends.

After the prom we went to another party, drank alcohol, danced and played truth or dare.

You see, even the school nerd parties.