Discovery or Fake Alarm

Later that day, we were alarmed as a noise from the main equipment pierced through our ears. That meant we finally found the Tomb after so many tries. I was so excited that I ran outside barefoot not minding the little rocks that scratched my foot.

"What is going on Zack, we found it right?" I said, while catching on my breath.

"We found it Sara we did it!" Zack replied, he beamed with joy. He picked me up and spun me around as celebratory dance.We were the happiest people on earth.

Liam was guiding on the workers but seeing how we were celebrating he ran over.

"Hey you forgot me!" He shouted and slapped lightly Zack on the shoulders. Which Zack immediately returned back the favor and we all hugged while laughing.

Suddenly a realization hit me,"Oh right we forgot to tell others."

"Right, I will call them right away." Liam said as he took out his phone from the pocket and dialed Vincent.

After few hours the team was all gathered and we started to work on the historical monument right away. We would find small pieces of bricks engraved with simple but beautiful art.

As we worked further on with all the workers we could find for days and days we almost reached the goal. The more we discovered the heavier the work was as we had to be cautious to not destroy something to be revealed.

But the more I worked the more I got nauseated until black patches appeared before my eyes, my body went limp and I lost my consciousness.

My eyes flutter open as I was woken up by small splash of water drops caused by Zack. While Alex, Vincent and Liam were sitting and talking about the site work.

"There she woke up see, nothing biggie." He nonchalantly said, but deep in he felt a bit sad and troubled.

"Did I faint?" I asked with raspy voice.

"No you just fell asleep sweetie," Zack replied with sarcasm.

Alex pushed Zack and grab a hold of my hands, he was holding me with a huge care as if I'd break.

"You really got me worried Sara," he said with sad tone as he placed a kiss on my hand.

"Hey, not only you but all of us!" Liam butted in and sat on my bed.

Alex continued, "The next time you don't feel well please tell us Sara."

I coughed softly , "Alright, alright I will."

"We have a surprise for you Sara but first we are going to blindfold you and lead you somewhere." Vincent said with a poker face on, not revealing any kind of information about the surprise.

My eyebrows knitted together, is my birthday today or special occasion so they prepared some kind of party for me or what is going through their mind, I questioned myself.

I was hesitant but nonetheless excited as what it was to come. I was so expectant of the boys as they were the sweetest fluff balls even tho with a little rough sides. They all treated me well, like I was their sister or something more.

Vincent put a black blindfold to cover my eyes slowly and took my by arm as to lead the way, Alex in the other side took my hand. The boys scoffed at his sudden action but I here being blind was having life crisis asking myself questions about all things I did wrong and if they decided to kill me because of them.

I was being way too paranoid to notice that the boys were leading me up to some kind bumpy road. There was a big rock that I bumped into and almost fell if it wasn't the quick reaction of Alex who got me into his arms.

"Oh thank you Alex, I can't see well." I sulked with a guilt of being too much, I started to feel as if I am being over spoiled that I have gotten clumsy and stupid.

My thoughts were interrupted as I was lifted on the arms of someone, I was being carried as a princess.

"Put me down, oh my Goodness I weight so much I can break your spine." I whined.

A soft husky voice whispered into my ear," Just enjoy, my beautiful Sara." It was Alex's voice.

My mouth curved into a big smile as my face turned crimson red at his reply. He knows really well how to play with my heart strings and make my heart beat so fast.

"Okay we here, put her down now." Vincent said with orotund tone.

With that Alex put me down and removed my blindfold only to reveal in front of me stunning building, which entrance had two beautiful eagles painted.

I said,"We did it." As flood of tears came from inside of me. I started kissing Liam, Zack, Vincent and Alex on the cheeks, on the forehead and hugged them all as a gift to our hard-work.

But something caught my eye, there was definitely something wrong with the monumental building. It wasn't as big as our equipment was showing on the papers, it was more than the half the size but where the other half was...

My attention was all focused in one brick as if it was calling me, reaching out to me to tell something. I was ignoring the guys talking and started walking to that place. When I got nearer I saw small, fading words.

They were saying "Don't wander to seek further, the further you wander the more deaths will befall." I made a huge gasp which Vincent heard of and walked to my side.

"What it is Sara, did you see anything?" He asked me with a frown on his face.

I turned to him,"Read the words in the wall first Vincent," I replied quickly as my eyes started to tear up.

Vincent replied,"What words I don't see anything here Sara," with a worried tone.

"Can't you see it." I shouted as I pointed to the place I saw the words. But to my surprise there was nothing there. No words, no drawing, nothing; it was just a plain brick.

—————————-

Authors Note

Hello there sweet readers, can't believe I'm finally back to writing this book after almost 3 years. I'm stunned too see that this book was on hold since Summer 2016.

But anyways, I'm so happy to be back and I will work on this book until it is completed. I believe not much chapters are left till it's completed.