Legacy shall be carried on

The night was freezing cold and very quiet, as we were somewhere in the deep forest with no sounds of cars, people, all alone.

Guess everyone is tired this night.

I sighed and cuddled in the sheets hugging my pillow which tonight smelt like roses. The scent was very calming to me and made me sleepy.

The next day, I was welcomed by a hot coup of coffee with a message beside it which said "Enjoy it :)".
I was very surprised as who left it for me.

As I got out of my bed I took the coffee and took a sip of it. It tasted amazing, it didn't have too much sugar but it wasn't bitter either the flavour overwhelmed my tongue and it's hotness slip down my throat making it warmer.

The coffee was absolutely how I loved it, I didn't even realise I was late until my phone started ringing.

I got up and put on a pink crop top combined with blue jeans, a black choker which was decorated with bright white and yellow gems.

When I went to the main hall of the hotel the boys were already there waiting for me.

-"I was just about to call you Sara" said Liam, while on the other side Zack sighed in annoyance.

"Sorry for being late and thank you for waiting for me" I smiled brightly.

-"Let's go already" Zack mumbled.

"Okay hun, your wish is my command" I saluted at him and then I winked.

As we started going to our cars Zack opened his mouth and said: "If that's it then why don't you go back to where you came."

"Well Zack darling, I would if I could but the hole is too small to go back in", Liam giggled.

That sentence made Zack shut up because he didn't know how to reply to my sass and we went inside the car. The atmosphere was awkward, but I liked the feeling of a victory.

We headed off to Sahara, there we set up our tents and started marking the digging places on a big map we took.

Each one of us marked one certain place which we thought there would be the tomb. In that way no one would be angry as why didn't we listen to their idea. So, we started with Liam's spot first.

The workers started doing their job with Liam watching over them meanwhile I and Zack sat inside the tent working on our plans and investigating stuff that we perhaps missed out.

But, I couldn't stay still without asking Zack a thing that has bothered me ever since. So, I leaned onto the desk he was working.

:"Zack, what got you in here?"

He gave me a glance: "What do you mean?"

"Well, why have you become an Egyptologist? Do you like it?" I asked, but he wasn't even bothering to open his mouth and talk. He was expressionless as always.

"Because you sound like you don't..." I mumbled under my breath.

Zack stopped writing and turned at me and asked with a doubt:

"If I tell you the reason will you leave me alone for once?"

-"Umm... Yeah I guess I will then."

My legs were tired and knowing that it will be a long story I grabbed a chair and sat near him.

"Listen carefully because I'm not going to repeat myself again, understand?"

-''Yeah, I understand. You can start!" I said with great enthusiasm like those innocent children that want to hear magical story from their grandparents.

"I started working as a Egyptologist because my parents forced me to do it..."

I interrupted him: ''Oh my God! How can they force you, why would they do that?"

"Sara I said I will talk and you will listen" he said.

-"Oh sorry sorry, I'll listen now."

"My both parents are archeologists so they want me to be one too, to carry on the legacy which runs in our blood for decades and even centuries.

I was stubborn and nothing could change my mind, they send away a worker in our house, he was like a brother to me, we were really close.

But in the end I guess he loved money more than me... He accepted the money he was offered.

That really broke me, but I still didn't agree with their request. I became angrier and started drinking alcohol, going into night clubs and smoking marijuana.

When my parents saw the situation I was in they said that they will throw me on the streets and that I won't be the heir.

I felt really bad, because I know I can't do a thing without using their power or money. I know that I can never survive on my own.

I accepted their request but with a slight change because my pride wouldn't allow me to do such a thing.

I changed it into becoming a Egyptologists.

You heard it all, are you happy now?"

-"I'm so sorry about what happened..." I said with a pity.

"Why are you apologizing, you even wasn't there and you did nothing wrong."

-"I didn't know that it was such a big matter and I shouldn't have asked at the first place."

"You are too late to say sorry..." Zack started singing, I hit him with my elbow flirtatiously and erupted into a laugh.

-"Pretty, pretty sorry?" making a pout face.

He smiled:"Apology accepted my cutie" and pinched my cheeks.

             ----------------------------------
                             A/N
                   -------------------------

I've been on a pause for a long time because I had a life changing experience, where I was in the depths of depression... I've self harmed.
But since two days ago I have started rebalancing my life with meditation and yoga. I gotta pull my shit together because no one can help me nor do that to me. I have to fight for my life and gotta enjoy the little things that will give me peace and will make me happy. Thank you, for taking time to read my book. For today I just wrote Zack's story but the next chapter will get more mysterious and something big will get involved.

God bless you all! ❤👋

Love, Sara.