Task

*''Guys where have you been all day?'' Vincent asked us as we were entering the hotel.

-''We were out for something'' Alex replied calmly.

*''Follow me, the others are waiting for you two.''

''Okay'' I said.

We followed him and went to a conference room that was in use for the working residents. I didn't know such a thing existed until some minutes ago.

When we came inside boys got up, waited for us to come and we all sat down.

Vincent, as the leader, opens his mouth and starts talking

''I gathered you today because I will announce a new task that will be provided to each of you.''

''May I know what is that task?'' Liam added.

-''Well, you are going to head off to search information about the tomb we are exploring. You have to finish this task today, at 11 PM all of us will gather here and announce our results.'' Vincent explained to us in a hurry.

*''What if we don't find the information?'' Zack curiously said.

-''It will be the end of the journey.''

''So, you are saying we will lose our job?'' I asked being taken aback at the boss's sudden words.

-''True, you will lose the job. Your tour in the city has ended, I suggest you all to be more serious and start working like an Egyptologist should.''

I was surprised at Vincent's words, but I can't say he wasn't right. We are on a work trip not in holidays to rest on our backs without worrying.

Therefore, I will try to do my best to complete the given task.

Vincent got up and took two cups different colored that contained a bunch of folded papers and proceeded:

''These papers are separated into categories. The blue cup contains names from which you will choose your partner, meanwhile the other cup holds the tasks. When I will call your name you will get up and take a paper from the cup I will tell you. You all have to be careful, no one should find out about your tasks not even your co-workers. Do you understand?''

*''Yes, we understand'' we replied in a sync, understanding every part of his speech.

''Liam, come here and chose a paper from the blue cup and don't open it until I say so.''

-''Alright boss'' Liam nodded and then he took a piece.

''Alex!''

The same procedure was repeated, but this time leaving just only one paper behind. I feel sorry for the next person he doesn't have a chance to choose, I wouldn't mind if that will be me.

The intensity in the room was growing, everyone started sweating and looking into each other's eyes, waiting for the name of the victim that had no choice.

''Sara, take the remaining one'' I was unmoving, but yet I accepted the reality with open arms. Others were relieved when they didn't hear their name being called. I suppose they love action more that's why.

-''As you say, sir'' I got up, slowly walked over Vincent and grabbed the paper.

''Now Brandon and Zack chose one of the papers that are in the black cup.''

They did what the boss said and in the end, Vincent took the last piece, we all had our tasks and partner names in our hands.

I was imagining constantly in my mind countless scenarios as who could be my partner and what will our together task be. A part of me wished Alex to be my partner, but I didn't give too much attention to it.