Artekdor's Story

Oh my, God! He is same looking as that mummy of the nightmare I had yesterday.

My hands shaking and my hard breathing, I flipped the next page; which contained his biography.

Artekdor was an outstanding, brilliant young boy. From the age of nine, he knew to do different hard jobs. He was very intelligent that he maintained his poor family without any help from others.

His family contained his old sick father, mother, and brother.

At the age of thirteen, Artekdor inherited magical powers. The power attained through magic served many purposes, good or evil.

He healed many ill people whose sickness didn't have a cure; his father was the first patient. It also was used to manipulate people's behavior or feelings as the many love spells.

The netizens were amazed by Artekdor, he became the town talk and very soon the most famous magician in Kemet.

A year later, the pharaoh Menkauhor called Artekdor and his family to visit his palace. When he came there, the pharaoh gave him an enormous title he never even dreamed off.

He made Artekdor the highest priest that ever existed, pharaoh named him with The God Priest.

This matter changed the roots of the Kemet's history into a whole developed one because no one ever had that title.

The highest position was to be The High Priest of Ptah, who were sometimes referred to as the Greatest of the Masters of the Craftsmen.

Besides Artekdor, his brother became the Pharaoh's most trusted servant.

Things weren't going this easy and smoothly as he thought. Artekdor's brother was blind for treasure and for wealth, he loved corruption.

One day Artekdor's brother was accused as a thief and as a killer, which he had stolen many Menkauhor's wife's jewelries and killed the servants who had seen him.

He stole valued stuff like gold and silver, which was the rarest thing at that time.

He steadfastly refused to admit any guilt even though the stolen stuff was hidden at his clothes. Pharaoh sentenced him to death.

When Artekdor found out what happened, he burst out from his room and went to his brother. By the time he arrived there, his brother was already dead.

They brought him tied up, in the presence of the great officials of the place of examination and they examined his crimes and found that he had committed them.

His execution took the form of impalement, giving on top of the stake; it was a slow and painful death.

The pharaoh himself was present at the execution, to see the pain the thief deserved, who dared to touch his wife's things he had bought for her.

Death sentences were rare in Kemet compared with other ancient societies. For the killing of another person the death penalty was deemed appropriate, but at times it was apparently punished by a lesser sentence.

In this matter things were different and he was announced as the Kemet's enemy.

Artekdor raged out from the painful sight, of his beloved brother and tried to assassinate the Pharaoh but he failed.

There was a Goddess which was protecting the Pharaoh and that Goddess was ISIS, pronounced as Iset.

For those who don't know, she is the Goddess of magic, protection, healing, wisdom, power of life and death.