3

I decided it was the time for me to get answers. I closed the Peter Pan book and clutched it to my chest as I opened my door and ran up the stairs that led to the deck.

The sea air kissed my skin as I stepped onto the main deck and it sent chills up my spine. It was chilly but nice out here. I would never get used to the beautiful salty smell of the sea. I remembered why I came up here in the first place, and snapped out of it.

I looked for my father, and spotted him by a table looking over a map with Mr. Smee and another one of my father's crew members. He was really young and handsome with short dark hair and a smirk plastered on his face. By the looks of it, the smirk may have become permanent. The way he stood, he screamed arrogant.

"Hello father." I smiled as if nothing has been bothering me all afternoon.

"Oh hello Beauty, what are you doing up here?" He smiled and without taking his eyes off me, he rolled up the map he had been looking at.

"Well I came to see how you were and I had a few questions." I said holding the book closer to my chest.

"I'm fine Beauty." Then his eyes landed on the handsome guy next to him. "Oh Beauty, this is Gaston, he is one of my best crew members. I think you two will get along nicely." He smiled.

I looked from my father to Gaston, and I inwardly cringed. I don't think we will get along. I thought as Gaston winked at me and smirked.

"Hey Beauty." Gaston said with his smirk still on his lips.

"Hello." I said shyly and awkwardly, I tried to be as polite as I could, so I also smiled. I then turned back to my father remembering my questions. "Father, why does it seem like your life is just like the Captain's in this book?" I said handing him the book.

My father took hold of it and his eyes widened. Then Gaston grabbed my book, and looked at it and scoffed.

"Why does she have a book about this turd?" Gaston said in disbelief whilst looking at my father.

"I'll talk to you later Gaston. You and Smee go find something to do. I need to speak to my daughter alone." My father said pointing his finger to leave.

He then turned back to look at me.

"I need to explain somethings..." He drawled on. "Let's go to my office where it's private, eh?" He said leading me to a room behind the table that had previously occupied the map. The door had a sign on it that said Captain's Office: Do Not Enter.

We entered, and there was a desk with one large chair behind it and two smaller chairs in front of it. There also was a telescope set up on a tripod next to the window, and a bunch of maps on the walls.

"Sit Beauty." He said and referred to one of the chairs in front of his desk. I nodded without saying a word as he sat in the big chair behind the desk. "Okay so here goes nothing...

Before I met your mom, I became a Captain, and my name was Captain Hook. That it my real last name, it is yours as well if you'd like to accept it. Steven was your mom's maiden name. I wasn't sure if I was going to share who I really was and if I did, I still wanted to let you have the option of being a Hook or a Steven. Anyway, I was well am still a Captain and I'm not just a Captain... I'm a Pirate. And the reason why Gaston hates that you have that Peter Pan book is because he is one of my worst enemies.

But, the book is not totally truthful. It makes sure to name names and faces, but it doesn't show how the characters, or rather real people actually are. Sure I'm a pirate, and have some what the same personality as my character in the book, but I am not ruthless and I am a fair Captain and I am quite brave.

As for my enemy, Pan, he is not at all like the book portrays him to be. Let's just say he like a demon... " my father stopped talking and looked at me trying to find my reaction to his story.

"So you're Captain Hook? Huh..." I said letting it roll of my tongue. "That means I am Captain Hook's Daughter, and that makes me Beauty Hook... And that means I am part Pirate..." I said letting it all settle into my mind.

"Yes. Now remember, I just didn't tell you this stuff because, well because I didn't know what you would think, and I didn't want you apart of this pirate life. Plus you never asked... Until now. That's why I'm telling you now because you asked." He gave my hand a small squeeze from across the desk. "I'm glad that you asked me because now I feel free." He said giving me a small smile.

"So wait? Where are we going then if you are the famous Captain Hook?" I smiled mischievously.

"Well I thought we could go to Ice Land, it is really nice this time of year, but if you want to go somewhere else you can choose our course." He said smiling.

"Can I choose anywhere?" I smiled a thought coming into my head.

"Anywhere my darling Beauty." He smiled big.

"I want to go to NeverLand." I said with a giddy grin.

"No. Beauty didn't you remember me telling you that Peter Pan is a demon! He is evil! He could hurt you!" He yelled standing up.

"But father we won't go on the island, we'll just stay in the ocean. We'll just... Sight see?" I said more like a question rather than a statement.

"No Beauty... It's dangerous." My father said gentler this time.

"Please... It's been my dream ever since I was little to see NeverLand." I frowned.

"Well... Fine... I guess we can go an just stay a good distance from the island." He finally said with a tired smile.

"Yay!" I said getting out of my chair. And I raced to hug my father. "Thank you! I love you so much father!" I said jumping up and down.

"Okay, okay. I get this is exciting, but please calm down." My father said with a chuckle. "Now go run along and find something to do while I tell the crew our new course and tell them how you know everything so they can finally call me Captain Hook again." He winked at me an I stepped out of his office and went to go to my room, but before I could, my arm was grabbed and I was spun around and I was facing Gaston. I should've known.

"Um hello Gaston." I said looking down.

"I could see why you're father named you Beauty. You sure are beautiful." I looked up and saw him wink at me.

"Thank you Gaston." I'm gonna go to my room now..." I said trying to get out of his grasp.

"Beauty don't go yet. I'm surprised you want to get away from me. I'm strong, handsome, girls a home practically throw themselves at me." He said smirking. I tried my best not to be rude because that wasn't my mentality. But he was such an arrogant jerk. He was a word that rhymed with glass hole.

"But-" he cut me off by making a 'shhhh' noise and put a finger to my lips.

"I have something for you." He smirked and held out in his hand what used to be my Peter Pan book. I took it into my trembling hands. Now it had a big red 'X' painted on the cover crossing out the name and the picture. The inside was no better. Pages were ripped out and everything. How could he?! This was from my mom. Tears brimmed my eyes and I looked from the book and up to Gaston.

"How could you?" I said as my voice cracked. "This book was my moms! She gave it to me before she died! Now it's ruined!" I finally found the strength to rip out of Gaston's strong grasp, and I ran down to my room with clouded vision. I shut the door and laid onto my bed and started to cry. I cradled the muddled book in my arms, and soon I found sleep.