10

I got up to my feet quickly as I was startled by Peter Pan.

"Th-th-thank you?" I stuttered.

"You're welcome." He smirked. "I thought that you would be easy to get, turns out your pretty fast and clever." He said as he started to walk around me in a circle.

"Is the time up?" I asked bravely.

"Yes." He said plainly. Then he flew through the waterfall. I'm not exaggerating when I say that he flew. He actually flew, which surprisingly didn't make me look in awe, I mean he's Peter Pan he is supposed to fly.

When I didn't move an inch, he pushed his head through the waterfall and scowled when he saw that I hadn't moved. "Hurry up, let's go." He said annoyed.

I started walking and jumped through the waterfall and landed in the spring not so gracefully. I had landed on my butt, and looked up at Peter and saw that he was laughing hysterically.

"You sure are a klutz. I mean you couldn't even climb a tree." He smirked.

I couldn't help but blush with embarrassment. But then a thought dawned on me. Had he been following me the whole time?

"I followed you the whole time if that's what you were wondering." He smirked yet a again.

"You can read minds?!" I said astonished. In the back of my mind I felt scared, that meant he would always know my every motive, plan, and my secrets.

"No." he actually chuckled with a kind smile this time. "I just know how to read your emotions. You don't really hide them." He said smiling.

"Oh." I said looking down. I then realized I was still sitting in the pond, so I got up and wadded out of the water and brought myself up into the shore.

"Boy's!? Times up!" Peter yelled loudly. I even had to cover my ears with how loud he was.

Soon one by one, the lost boys made it into the clearing, and when they saw that none of them had found me, they frowned. The older boys were really mad, the younger ones were just devastated.

"Boys, I can't believe you couldn't catch a girl." Peter said with venom. The smile that had reached his lips when he laughed at me was gone completely. There was no trace of it. Maybe I had imagined him smiling cause it doesn't see like his face muscles could accomplish such a thing.

"Pan were sorry. She's just so fast!" One of the little boys who was probably seven said sadly. I kind of felt bad for him.

"Yeah I know, but you play this game all the time, this was her first time playing!" Peter said annoyed.

"We'll try harder next time Pan." The oldest boy said as he glared at me. "What's the punishment?" He said bravely.

They would be punished because they couldn't catch me? I felt awful.

"I say the new lost girl decides." Peter said looking at me straight in the eyes with a massive evil grin plastered to his face.

All of the boys looked at me expectantly, and I had no idea what to do. I didn't want to punish them.

"What's your decision Beauty?" Peter smirked.

"I don't want to choose." I said boldly. "They don't deserve to be punished." I said a little quieter.

"You better choose Beauty." He said my name with anger. "It's either them or you. You decide." He said glaring at me.

"I choose..." I paused as I looked at all the boys. There are more of them than me. I decided I'd rather be punished than for all of them to be punished. "I choose me." I said with bravery, but inside I felt so scared. What would he do to me?