9

A huge thanks to LadyEiryls for supporting my story!
Enjoy the update! 😊
-------------
As Peter said the word 'hide-and-seek', all of the boys grew evil grins and I knew this wasn't your typical game of hide-and-seek.

"Now the rules are simple, as you all know, but let me explain them to our newest recruit." Peter said slyly as he looked over at me. "Their is one hider, the rest are seekers and the seekers are aloud to do anything they want in order to catch you. If you are caught before time runs out..." he dragged on, "let's just say you don't want to find out." He said smiling wickedly.

"Any questions? Didn't think so. Your time starts now lost girl." Peter said with venom.

Before I knew it, my legs dragged me into the forest and I turned this way and that. When I felt like I didn't hear any lost boys near by, I climbed up a tree, but unfortunately for me, I lost my footing around the fifth branch or so and landed on the ground with a harsh thud.

I got a big pain in my side and winced as I sat up. I knew I had to get up soon or I'd have a lot more than a big bruise on my side tonight. Most likely if I were caught, there would be pain involved.

I got up and started running again, wincing every once and awhile, but charging through the pain. I thought about climbing a tree again, but I was afraid I'd fall again, plus falling reminded me of why I was afraid of heights.

I thought that being out here for a little while I was pretty far off from the boys, but when I stopped to rest and quieted my breathing, I heard the boys hooting and hollering a few yards away.

Gosh darnit. I took my jacket off and tied it around my waist as I ran into a deeper part of the forest. I finally made it to a big clearing and saw a pond with a waterfall running into it.

I paused and drank some of the spring water and when I looked up from my crouched position, I saw that there was an opening behind the waterfall when I looked close enough.

Without thinking I wadded through the water and went through the waterfall and thankfully I was correct, there was a cave behind the waterfall. I was so grateful. This was the perfect hiding spot!

As I walked deeper into the cave to hide myself in the darkness so they wouldn't see me through the waterfall, I heard the stomping of feet near the water's edge.

Butterflies flew through my stomach as I hoped that they wouldn't be able to find me in time. I heard them gulping water and making plans to find me, and they ended up splitting up, and not once did they bring up if I was in the cave or not. When I finally couldn't hear them at all, I breathed a sigh of relief which caused me to wince because of my bruised side.

I sunk down and sat on the floor so I could rest after all of that strenuous running. I was never fit, but when it came to life and death, well they probably wouldn't kill me but still, I could be athletic, as most people can be under dire situations.

But now I felt the full force of that run and I was growing extremely tired. As I was about to close my eyes to rest, I was interrupted by a voice.

"Well done Beauty." Peter Pan said as he came out of the shadows of the cave.