4

The next morning, I found that my Peter Pan book was still in my arms, and I got up and set it on my desk. I stroked the cover of it almost affectionately, and turned toward my wardrobe. I opened it and immediately I was greeted by my image in the mirror on one of the doors.

I looked hardly anything like beautiful as Gaston had claimed to call me before he made me break down in tears.

My hair was now matted and tangled, and my blue eyes were tired and my cheeks were pale when they were usually full of color. It probably had to do with how sad I was about the book.

I took out the bow and hair tie that used to hold my hair up in a half up half down but now it was just in a big old knot. Soon my hair was tamed and in its naturally clean waves and I decided that after my bath I would just leave it down so it wouldn't get tangled again.

I went over to my door to my bedroom and made sure it was locked before I would take my clothes off. I went over to the big chest to see if there was anything to bathe with, and sure enough there was a basin to bathe in, and it gave me directions to where the spout was in my room. It was on the far side of my cabin somewhat near my bed.

I put the basin under the spout, and I added soap to the basin before I turned the water on. Soon warm water filled the basin and bubbles started to form. I stripped from my clothes and grabbed my lufa and got into the tub and turned the water off. After I fully cleaned myself, I dried myself with towel that was in the chest and I dried myself off. After I completely dried and brushed my hair, I found the drain where I was supposed to drain the water.

After that, I went to my wardrobe and put on a light blue long sleeve shirt and some dark jeans. Then I put on my leather jacket and my long brown boots. Then I decided I would pack my satchel with my copy of The Odyssey, and my notebook and lucky blue pen. Then I walked out of my room and closed the door so no one would go in, and I walked up the stairs using the railing and finally I was met with the blinding sun.

I shielded my eyes and soon my eyes adjusted. I looked up and noticed the crows nest and decided to climb up there to be alone.

Before anyone noticed me, I quietly climbed the ladder up to the crows nest, and I was stupid enough to look down. I started to shake with fear at the height, but then I looked up to see I was almost there.

I stayed determined, and I finally made it to the top. I hoisted my leg over the rail and then slid my other leg over and crouched onto the ground once my two feet were firmly planted onto the ground. I had no idea how I would get down, but I just kept my mind off that. I pulled my book out and started reading. When the sun was at its peak in the sky, I was on chapter 7, and I was hungry. I grew stiff as I looked over the railing.

The sight did not please me. It was a long drop and I was starting to freak out. I put my book into my satchel and paced around the small crows nest.

"This was a great time to discover you were afraid of heights Beauty." I mumbled sarcastically. I looked over the railing again and shuddered.

I would have to climb down eventually, so I decided what the heck, it's now or never. Before I could get down though, the ship started to shake furiously. So hard, that I fell on my butt on the floor of the crows nest. What was happening?

Soon the sky flashed lights and there was a strong whistling noise around us. The shaking got harder, and I got scared that the crows nest would break and I would fall and die with it. I squeezed my eyes shut trying to keep myself calm, and I griped the walls I the crows nest. Without warning, the shaking and whistling stopped, and the sky was dark and filled with stars. It had been midday a few seconds ago... What happened?

I was still in the crows nest after a few minutes because I decided to wait a few minutes just incase the shaking would occur again, and once I thought it was safe, I decided to attempt to climb down.

The thing is I thought that the darkness would make climbing down harder, but it was easier cause the darkness hid the fact that I was up so high.

I was gonna try to step down again, but I realized I had made it to the deck! And I was still alive!

"Beauty? Is that you?" My father called as he walked over with a torch in his hand.

"Yes father it's me." I yelled and walked over and met him in the middle.

"I've been looking for you all day! Where were you?" He chuckled but I could see worry in his eyes.

"In the crows nest, but I am not going up there again! I realized I am afraid of heights..." I giggled at my stupidity. I then remember the shaking. "Father, what happened with the ship and it shaking and the lights?" I asked curiously.

"Beauty, that was because we traveled to Never Land. That's why it's night and not midday because of the time difference. Well NeverLand just has its own schedule really." He smiled.

"We're here?!" I couldn't believe it. I hugged my father tight. "Thanks for making my dream a reality." I smiled.