Ending Author's Note

Before I move into this author's note, I gotta make sure everyone's survived.

Everyone in tact? Good.

So, onto this note.

As usual: Thank you to my readers (silent and vocal), and people who have simply added this book and the rest of its companions to your libraries and reading lists. I'm so glad that you chose this story to read, to follow Kiara Rivers' journey alongside her. I didn't realize she was going to be so-well liked.

I can't help but notice that a...ship war has brewed.

Don't deny it, I know there is one going on. The ships of discussion: KiaraxLoki (Lokiara) and StevexKiara (Stiara/Captain Cynder). Well, those are the two main ships; there have been other, not-as-popular ones (e.g. BrucexKiara or ThorxKiara, even TonyxKiara).

Buckle down, kiddos. I'm about to go on a slight rant. And I'm not stopping.

*clears throat* In Collision Course, we were introduced to Kiara Rivers, an Asgardian who had past ties with a certain God of Mischief. Through flashbacks and the storyline itself, we saw who they used to be, and how their ship ended.

With Lokiara put to an end, it allowed Kiara to focus on being an Avenger, while growing closer to our Star Spangled Man with a Plan. Overtime, Lokiara sailed off to retirement (for the most part) and Stiara/Captain Cynder took its place.

I have had comments along the lines of: "I might just stop reading if Lokiara doesn't survive" or "Nope, nope, nope, Lokiara is the ship. I hope you don't screw it up". (It's not direct quoting, but you get the gist of it.)

I want my readers to have their ships but also to follow Kiara on her journey through the MCU. Go through her struggles with her, share her pain, and her happiness. I don't like it when people are so invested in a ship and then go "No thank you" and then just give up on the story when their ship is no longer the main attraction.

Not that I believe any of those comments were ill-willed towards me. But putting smiley faces at the end doesn't make it nice and pretty. (I will give my readers props, though, for shipping who they do very intensely.)

What can I gather positively out of this? That I've made a compelling character who readers love to pair with canon characters. Some want to stay with the old and not go with the new, some want to hop aboard the Stiara train and never look back. 

Fun fact: Loki wasn't going to play a part at all in Ablaze. Thor wasn't either, due to the Bifrost issue. Neither were supposed to have any contact with Kiara, not even by thought. 

Okay, I'm fudging that a bit. I had planned for Thor to drop a huge bomb on Kiara's head, but it didn't feel like the right time (e.g. it was too soon), so that big news will have to wait until another book. (For those who have seen Thor: The Dark World, you know exactly what I mean.)

Now, I'm not pleading my Lokiara or other Kiaraxcanon shippers to stay. I'm not going to force them to keep on reading (because really, how can I?). They don't have to like the Stiara ship, and that's all right. 

But please, if nothing else, read on for your girl Kiara Rivers.

Next book in Kiara's journey: Unleashed.

signoff banner made by nataliaalianovas