Chapter 19:

Brianna's P.O.V

"Will you forgive me?" Mike asks. His words linger and we fall into an uncomfortable silence. He looks into my eyes but I avoid his.

Should I forgive him? After what he's done? A part of me wants to forgive him but the other part is doubtful.

"I need time, Mike." I whisper. "I just-"

"It's fine. I understand. I hurt you and I'm willing to wait if your able to forgive me." He pauses for a second and is about to continue but he is hit by a wave of pain. He falls holding his sides and his breathing is slower. I wince. I know what it feels like to feel that pain. I don't know what to do. Or actually I do.

"I Brianna Sanchez, accept you Mike Jackson as my mate." I say and soon his breaths are back to normal. He manages to sit up and looks at me in the eyes. His words surprise me.

"Are.you.sure?" He asks.

"Um I-"

"No, I mean I hurt you a lot. I can see that. I don't deserve to be forgiven. But if you do I'd...." He pauses and continues whispering the last part. "I'd be thankful."

I look into his eyes and I know, I know he made a mistake but he realizes that now. I don't regret accepting him as my mate. "I forgive you."

He stands up and hugs me. I feel like there's never been nothing wrong. Just that we've been separate far to long and I can feel that he was scared that he'd lost me too. I hug him back and rest my head on his shoulder. Then I tilt my head to the side and say "We need to get back. They'll be waiting for us."

"Let them wait." He says.

I laugh. "Not a chance. Let's go." I grab his hand and tug him along. Dragging him with me whether he likes it or not. I glance at him and he smiles at me and keeps up with me interlacing his hands with mine.

"You guys finally back." Mathew mutters. I notice that his voice is calm and he doesn't say a thing about Mike and I making up.

"Are you okay?" I ask Jasmine bending over her in concern.

"Yeah, my head hurts a little but I'll survive." She jokes and smiles but ends up cringing in pain.

"Well I guess we can rest here for the time being and once your better we can head out back home." I sugest.

"No! I'm fine let's head out now." She tries standing but fails miserably and falls back down. We laugh quietly and she flushes. "Or I'll just get a few hours of sleep I guess."

"Yeah, you should." Mathew replies shaking his head.

"I don't think she heard that." Mike says with a laugh and looks at a sleeping Jasmine.

"Eh. What do I care? I'm gonna rest a few hours too. You guys keep on a lookout." Mathew says and before we get a chance to argue he shifts into his wolf and lays back down.

"Wow." I say with a laugh. "Jerk."

Mike smiles at me and walks over to me wrapping his arms around my waist. "Not really. At least we get some time alone."

*****

Jessica's P.O.V

"Then I'll have to make you." Chris say walking over to me.

I back away. "No just stay away. Don't try getting me to bite you."

"Then make me a werewolf." He says.

"I can't." I whisper.

"Fine. Let's just forget about this for now then." He says.

"I'll do it when they come back okay?" I tell him.

"Alright." He turns towards me and holds my hand and pulls me towards him. I hug him and he holds me against him. We stay like this for what seems like a long time and then he kisses my forehead and looks into my eyes and speaks up. "I love you, Jessica Jackson."

His words warm my heart and I say. "I love you too."

*****

Any ideas for next chapter?

Comment, vote, and follow. ☆