The Transformation, Part 1

When everyone walked in, a sharp intake of breath was heard from everyone. It was HUGE. It had to be at least the size of Camp Half-Blood, and then some.

"Yo,"

Jake breathed. Annabeth nodded, words abandoning her. As an architect, She could appreciate it.

Chaos nodded towards Kendra. She reluctantly walked towards him, wanting to look at the huge space a bit more. He turned her around and stood behind her, looking at the weathered and tired people in front of her.

"So...What do you want to add to them?"

Kendra looked at him like he just asked who she wanted to kill.

"What?"

Chaos shook his head.

"No, no, you heard that wrong. I mean, what powers do you want enhance in each person?"

"Why can't you just give each person new ones?"

Kendra asked, confused. Chaos just shook his head.

"I may be the center of all creation, but I am tired of creating. All I make goes wrong, whether it was made for destroying, or it had to adapt. After the humans were made, the world I created and loved, crumbled. Did you know that over 2,000 creatures go extinct every day? Anyways, I'm limiting myself to enhancing things, helping them adapt, and grow,"

He said softly, with a sad look on his face. Kendra laid a hand on his shoulder, and he smiled slightly at her. She turned back to the rest of the crew, they all had somber faces, but when Kendra turned to them, they grew to attention.

"Alright, well, how about we enhance everyone's reflexes and senses,"

She started, and then turned to look Annabeth up and down, thinking about what she could enhance.

"Annabeth..."

She pondered,

"How about we enhance her intelligence,"

Annabeth's began to show when her eyes flashed with anger and pride.

"Are you saying I'm not smart enough?"

"No! No, gods no, I was just thinking about brain capacity, and I know how much you love to soak up knowledge, and I thought you might like to be able to...Remember more,"

Kendra corrected herself.

"And maybe we could bend the rules a bit?"

Kendra's eyes were now in Chaos.

His eyes narrowed.

"Normally I wouldn't do this, but maybe...It would depend on what you meant,"

"Uh, well, I was thinking that it might be nice to be able to communicate telepathically, you know, so we wouldn't have to worry about losing devices and then having them fall into our enemies hands, and then flying would be a faster way to pursue our enemies as well"

Chaos looked deep in thought.

"Maybe..."

He thought reluctantly.

He sighed.

"Alright,"

He conjured a sphere of what seemed to be.. stars? No, it looked like the Milky Way.

His eyes were closed, but he sent the sphere floating to Kendra. She gasped and her eye snapped closed and then opened, but her eyes were a sharp silver.

Chaos smiled in satisfaction. He then conjured 7 more spheres of the same appearance, but smaller than the one he gave Kendra. He thrust a hand at each sphere, sending each of them to a different person.

As with Kendra, they snapped their eyes closed and opened them just as fast. But this time, instead of silver eyes, their it uses flashed a brilliant purple.

"Hey, why does Kendra have silver eyes while the others have purple?"

Percy asked an intelligent question, one of few occurrences.

"It marks her as leader, but you can change it anytime you want, to help blend in with the surroundings,"

They rushed him and tackled him to the ground in a hug. He grunted, standing one second, and on the ground, the victim of gravity, and the bottom of a dog pile the next.