Chapter 15: Wedding Bells That Were Never Meant To Be

*1 Year Later*

It was Nico and Will's wedding today, and Leo was rushing around trying to make sure everything was perfect.

Lights? Check.

Music? Check.

Broken heart hidden? Check.

He sighed, closing his eyes and clenching his jaw. 

Five years ago, Nico had prevented Leo from committing suicide. Four years ago, Leo fell in love with the man who was engaged to another man. Three years ago he was one month clean. Two and a half years ago, he began cutting again. 

Now, after three years, Will and Nico were getting married, and Nico asked Leo to be his wedding coordinator and best man. This elated him, but it also crushed him. He was to be in charge of the wedding of the man he loves.

He went to check his watch, but saw that blood was seeping through his bandages, and he groaned. He jogged to the edge of the cloud were the wedding was to be held, and quickly grabbed bandages and ointment from his tool belt.

As he was stuffing his old bandages back in the tool belt he heard a voice behind him.

"Leo?"

Oh good, it was only Jake. Jake was the only one who knew about his self harming. 

One day, two years ago, he had heard sobbing coming from the bathroom, and when he picked the lock, he found a sobbing Leo gripping his bloody arms, cradling them to his body, rocking back and forth.

"Oh, it's you. I was just," He cleared his throat forcefully, "changing,"

Jake nodded in understanding.

"Ready? It's time for the reception,"

He said softly, knowing it was hard for Leo. Leo looked down, nodding quietly. He ran quickly to his spot, and on his cue, he walked down the isle, head high, fake smile artfully written onto his face.

It was time for the first dance, and Leo was Constantly wiping his clammy hands on his pants, rolling up the sleeves of his red and black dress shirt, biker's jacket at his seat.

He raised his voice, and the room fell silent, looking towards the stage.

"Hello, everybody! Man, what a wedding right? Tonight, I have a special song I recorded myself, dedicated to Willico! Jake?"

Everyone clapped and he ran off stage, heading for his seat while Will and Nico headed for the dance floor. Jake hit a button on his Ipad, and soon, guitar chords began playing, and Leo panicked after hearing the chords, immediately knowing it was the wrong song. 

He leaped from his seat yelling,

"Wrong song! Jake, wrong song! Turn it off!"

Jake just smirked, turning the volume up slightly, and Leo tensed as his voice filled the room.

I'm broken, do you hear me?

I'm blinded, 'cause you are everything I see,

I'm dancin' alone, I'm praying,

That your heart will just turn around,

Leo panicked, and did the only thing he ever knew. He ran. He sprinted for the edge of the cloud, despite Nico and Jake's calls for him to come back, and where are you going?

He ignored them, and he unfurled his wings, flying to the only place he felt safe at. Where he knew no one would find him.

He flew, over the ocean, and after a long while, he reached it. His island. He smiled, knowing no one would be able to find him. The island had no roots, and was off the radar from even the strongest gods.