Wings

Beware! This is a reaaaaallllyyyy long chapter!

Fennec woke up groggily. Ugh. What was that-Fennec went to rub his back, looked behind him, and screamed a very girly scream.

Everyone shot up at the sound of his manly *cough* not *cough* shriek. When they looked at him, they screamed. Then they looked at everyone else. And screamed. Looked behind them. And screamed some more. Basically it was a huge scream-a-thon.

Chaos stumbled in, looking disheveled from his sleep. For the most powerful being in the universe, he sure acted like a human.

"What in Tartarus is going on?!?"

He growled, cupping his hands over his ears.

All at once, everyone stopped screaming, panting hard. Well, almost everyone. Leo kept screaming, his face turning purple with effort and lack of oxygen.

Everyone was staring at him now. Leo was still screaming, but when he saw everyone's faces, he stopped; gulped air for a few minutes, and then said,

"What? People were were screaming: I didn't want to be left out,"

They all rolled their eyes, but Percy was to busy scratching his back, unused to the foreign wings on his back. Kendra opened her mouth to ask exactly why they had had wings, when she remembered what she had asked Chaos to do yesterday. For wings.

And one by one, they remembered yesterday.

Leo: "Uh, hello? Hello? Is this thing working?"

Annabeth: "Interesting..."

Percy: "Cool!"

Will: "Dude!"

Jake: (closing his eyes and rolling them to the ceiling) "Ugh, now I have to deal with you guys in my head?!"

Nico: "Ugh, why?!"

Fennec: (gleefully) "Yup!"

Zephyr: (wailing) "No...!"

Chaos: "Hallo"

Everyone:(screaming) "HALLO!!!"

Chaos: "So... Wanna practice flying?"

"YEAH!"

They yelled aloud.

Chaos shook his head in amusement, and starting walking towards the middle of the hangar.

Everyone scrambled out of their beds, trying not to get tangled up in the sheets. But when they stood up, the wings' weight took them by surprise, and almost toppled backwards.

Chaos stood patiently waiting while the team slowly made their way over.

"Okay, first, I'll tell you what kind of wings you have. Zephyr, I'll start with you,"

Zephyr was too busy trying to balance himself to pay attention, put too much weight forward, and he face planted, with arms flailing, he managed not to break his nose, which was good, as it would've taken a long time to heal properly, and even so, it might be a bit off kilter.

Zephyr managed to sit upright, eyes dazed, and he seemed to not be paying attention. Chaos began anyways.

He walked behind Zephyr and spread his wing out.

Zephyr's wings were a beautiful dove white. His wings had a very long wingspan, but they were narrow.

"See the design of the wing? These are very long, with a the wing tapering into a point, allowing for high flight speed with low drag, but thin, these kinds of wings are meant for speed.
These wings' speed can be maintained for a fairly long time, "