be·guile

/bəˈɡīl/
verb
charm or enchant (someone), sometimes in a deceptive way.

For Josh, it felt amazing to say good morning to Tyler and actually get a response, albeit a tired one. Josh was ecstatic just to be able to be seen by Tyler.

He was radiating happiness, a smile beaming on his face. It dropped when Tyler began undressing.

It wasn't a bad thing, something actually rather good, but Tyler was so exhausted that he didn't even realize that Josh was there.

He simply went about his business, eyes half open as he stepped into a fresh pair of jeans.

Josh was burning red, turning his head away. It hadn't occurred to Tyler what he did yet, but it would soon.

Tyler's eyes bugged open when he saw Josh sitting on the bed, legs tightly pressed together and hands folded neatly.

"Did I just-"

"Yes."

"I'm so sorry, I completely forgot that you could-"

"It's alright. I looked away."

"Wait," Tyler gave pause. "Have you seen me do this before?"

Josh didn't want to answer that. But he did anyway. "Yes." He hastily added, "B-but I looked away then too."

Tyler deflated as all the air left his lungs in one huge sigh. "Okay, good. Thank you."

He started putting on his socks when another thing hit him.

"Were you there when I was alone in the bathroom that one time?"

"I was outside in the hall. But I could...see what you were imagining."

It was Tyler's turn to turn crimson. Josh had told him everything last night, about how he felt what he felt, sometimes saw what he was thinking, even influenced his actions.

It was all included in the welcome guide to having Josh Dun as your personal ghost.

"I'm so embarrassed, oh my god." Tyler buried his face in his hands. He squeezed his eyes shut and hoped that the problem would just go away.

"It's okay, I've forgotten about it already." said Josh.

No I haven't.

"Tyler!"

The boy removed his face from his temporary shield and cracked open his door.

"I'll be right down, mom!" He called back down to her.

"Are you coming to my therapy appointment? You know, to help save my soul or something?"

"I don't do anything at your appointments. I just sit there and listen to you think about how you'd rather be at home."

"You don't like, gather information on how I've been doing?"

"You lie to the therapist. You tell him you're getting better, but we both know that's not true."

Tyler didn't want to admit to it and Josh hated saying it.

"Tyler!"

"I'm coming!" A quick shift in Tyler's mood had him clenching his fists and speaking through gritted teeth. The SSRIs had not been kind to him.

Which reminded Josh that it was 8:00 in the morning. Tyler would have to take his pill.

"Uh, Tyler?"