pes·si·mism |-/

/ˈpesəˌmizəm/
noun
the doctrine that the existing world is the worst of all possible worlds; that all things tend to naturally lead to evil.

My edit :)

Abraxas had been hard at work ever since he had been burned by Bête. When summoning Bête's pets didn't work by doing the same gesture with his fingers, he had resorted to the traditional way of winning over him: actually taking Tyler's soul.

He snuck into Tyler's mind at night, unbeknownst to Josh, under the guise of normal dreams and attacked him.

He would tell Tyler just how worthless he was, how life should not have been bestowed upon him. All of Tyler's deepest, yet true, feelings, were resurfaced.

The boy was lost in a sea of emotions, and only in a period of a day or two since Mortem had been healed. He tried to keep it hidden from Josh, seeing as how he didn't want him to feel sad either, but it was no use. Josh could tell something was wrong.

Josh stopped their walk home when he heard Tyler thinking to himself, fueled by Abraxas, of course, "Is death what I was born for? Life is so boring and...pointless. I'm afraid of it."

"Tyler, please tell me you don't really feel that way." Josh said as he pushed Tyler back gently by the shoulder.

"Like what?" Lying wasn't the best route to take. It made Josh angry that he would even try to hide it.

"What do you mean? I can hear your thoughts every now and again, Tyler. I know what you feel, too. So don't lie."

Josh pointed a finger up at him, a stern look gracing his features. Tyler couldn't lie anymore. He couldn't keep it in.

"I-I'm sad, Josh. I don't know why, I just...I feel like life isn't for me anymore."

"What?" Josh scoffed, eyes deeply set in concern. "You can't think like that. It's not healthy, it's not-"

"Yeah, I know!" Tyler blurted. "That's why I didn't tell you!"

Shocked, Josh stood back. Tyler had never yelled at him. He was sure he had never even been mad at him. Not even ticked off just the smallest bit.

"You're always so concerned about my health and it honestly gets tiring! I can't do anything without you thinking I'm going to try and commit suicide again! Well guess what, Josh?"

Josh didn't say anything. He couldn't.

"The demon of suicide might just be coming back around tonight."

Tyler walked off, hands at his side in a fit of anger. Josh was frozen where he stood. His spine swayed like a tree in violent winds before he collapsed to his knees. He was still awake, but only able to slump over and just look at the sidewalk.

He had grown weak.

Abraxas, seizing Tyler's mind under his own control, had also sucked a large portion of Josh's power away. The demon felt the surge and teleported to the first plane, where he found Tyler walking into the house.

Mortem was there next to him, against his own will. With the demon of suicide being mentioned repeatedly, it had summoned him.

"What's going on?" Mortem whispered.

Abraxas grinned. "Tyler's going to experiment with some blades. Baby steps, you know."

"What? No!" Mortem ran out of the room and ran downstairs, intercepting Tyler at the fork in the hallway.