con·cat·e·na·tion

/kənˌkatnˈāSH(ə)n/
noun
interconnected things or events; uniting; reuniting

Friday.

Always a symbol of hope in the eyes of students, foretelling the weekend and a break from the hellish 7 hours.

It's a little different in Tyler's case. Today would be the day that he presented with Mira in Health, but he'd also be breaking...whatever they had off with her.

He had managed to dodge taking her up to his room, thanks to the funeral. He didn't attend the wake, as he didn't want to take up any space that should be reserved for her friends and family.

They got the project done mainly at lunch, and they were about to go up. Tyler was in a nervous sweat, his anxiety being kicked into high gear.

"Tyler, it's gonna be alright. You just have to go up there for three minutes, talk about the food pyramid, and you're done. You get to sit down and let everyone move on."

Josh was doing his job and trying to mediate Tyler's mood. If one thing went wrong, he would be dead-set in a slump that could very well end up in some dark thoughts.    

Tyler couldn't respond but he showed Josh that he understood by nodding very slightly. He still sunk in his chair and waited for Mira to come in with the poster.

"Morning, Ty," she said when she came into the room, bonking him on the head with the rolled up paper. He stayed silent.

"What's wrong?" She asked, noticing his low mood.

"Nothing. I'm tired."

"Oh." She was completely oblivious. "You ready to present, though?"

Tyler's eyes settled on Josh for a few seconds. A smile was given to him, making his mood go up a little.

"Yeah. I just wanna get it over with."

Josh was content. He may not have gotten Tyler to accept the opportunity to conquer his fear of public speaking with open arms, but it was close enough.

"Good, cause we're going first."

Tyler began to panic. He didn't want to go first, or at all. Why couldn't they just go sometime in the middle, wedged between two other groups so no-one paid them any attention?

He looked to Josh once again.

"It'll be okay. At least this way you'll have no-one to try and do better than." Josh assured him.

"You're right." He replied.

The teacher called for attention before taking roll. Once she was done, her eyes scanned the room for the first willing group to present.

Mira's hand was raised high in the air, waving back and forth.

"Mira, who's your partner?"

"Tyler." She said proudly, the hand once in the air now resting on his shoulder.

"Get up here, you're going first." The teacher announced.