avow·al {Part Two}

\-ˈvau̇(-ə)l\
noun
an open statement of affirmation, such as one's true feelings; frank acknowledgement.

Song best fit for this chapter: Do You Feel It by Chaos Chaos

"Josh?"

Mortem had found Josh tucked away into a corner in the second plane, wailing into his hands with his knees pulled up to his chest.

"Josh, are you alright?" Mortem's voice was quiet and calm. Approaching the boy, he made sure to do so slowly, like a human advancing on a deer in the woods.

Josh's sobs were his only answer. His violent convulsions evolved into even more violent hiccups.

He peeked through bleary eyes and his fingers, up at the demon. "I-I messed up....I-I said t-that-" he hiccuped, "I-I told Tyler that I l-love him..."

Mortem frowned. What did Tyler do to him? If he dared hurt him, he would no longer consider him a friend. He didn't deserve Josh as a friend, let alone a lover.

"What did he say, Josh?"

"H-he didn't...he didn't say anything. I-I left, like an id-idiot. I-I'm so stupid." Another hiccup. "H-he doesn't l-love me."

His eyes, ringed with red, were scrunched tightly. His lips were slick with spit, as he constantly licked them and the salt water on them.

"No, you're not stupid," Mortem kneeled down in front of Josh, a hand on his knee. "You're perfect. You're lovely."

Josh sniffed. "W-what?"

Sighing, Mortem lifted his hand up to Josh's cheek. His fingertips played with his shaggy, curly dark hair.

"Seeing as how feelings are being confessed today...I...I like you, Josh. More than I should, really. I might even...I might even love you."

Josh stopped everything: crying, shaking, even thinking about what had happened, because right in front of him, kneeling down and looking deep into his eyes, was an image of Tyler.

He grabbed the back of Mortem's neck and pulled him forward, into his lips. The kiss represented love, longing, and wanting what you can't have.

Mortem caught on fast enough, though surprised, and kissed back. He pushed their chests together once Josh had let his knees down, and climbed into his lap.

He sat there, hands in Josh's hair, and the boy's hands wrapping around his back. Things were getting heated, and Josh was running out of air.

He didn't care. It was worth it.

He carded his hands through Mortem's hair that was just like Tyler's, felt his shoulders, which were just like Tyler's, and ran his touch down his ribcage, which was just like Tyler's.

Everything about him was a carbon copy of Tyler.

Finally, Josh had to come up for air. He pulled away, only to go back. He rested his forehead against Mortem's, eyes half lidded.

They say there panting, in wild disbelief of what had just happened.

"I love you so much, Tyler." Josh whispered.