Chapter 1

Words counted:  1615
-
Adelina's POV:

I stared at my husband's mansion. There was a huge fountain sitting in the middle of the driveway. Butlers and maids was standing infront of the main door, waiting for our arrival. I look to my right and see my husband, Alessio Riccardo, ending his call with one of an important mafia alliance. He closed his laptop and opened the car door once it comes to a stop. Alessio ignores the butlers and the maids greetings and went straight into the house leaving me alone in the car. My hands started to shake and I quickly went out of the car.

"Hello, Mrs Riccardo. I am Maria and I am your maid. I'm going to help you get settled and comfortable here," A girl who looked 21 years old just like me came out of nowhere.

I smiled and greeted Maria. I went to boot of the car and took out 4 cages that have my 4 beautiful Scottish fold kittens.  Maria helped me carry two cages and I carried the other two. Maria then led upstairs and through two big doors.

"This is your new room Ma'am. I hope you like it and please do call me if you need any help." She said looking down, waiting for me to dismiss her.

I put the cages on the floor and let my beautiful babies; princess, fat lilly, drogo and oreo.

I then sat on my huge queen bed and looked around my new room. I realised that me and my husband are not sharing a same room and I will never have a peaceful and loving marriage. I pulled Maria onto the bed with me and cried into her arms. I felt Maria hugging me back and whispered, "It's gonna be alright."

-

I walked down the red-carpeted isle that is placed between rows of chairs. Typical wedding song filled throughout the entire church. Armed bodyguards were in every corner of the church. Tears rolled down my face freely. I hold onto my father's arm tightly. My backless floor-length wedding dress hugged my curves perfectly and flares out around my midhip. It has a sweetheart neckline that is covered with small diamonds and lacey three-quater sleeves. My once wavy hair was softly curled and was in an up-and-down look with a small tiara placed on top of my head. I swallowed hard and looked at close relatives of mine and Alessio's who were all standing and looking at me sadly. Then I looked at the man I'm marrying to, Alessio Riccardo. His thick, wavy, brown hair was tousled up. He ran his fingers through his hair, looking annoyed and glared at me. Alessio was wearing a typical fitted black and white suit but of course, he's a billionaire so it must be really expensive.

When I reached him, my father who I have not made any eye-contact, let go of me as Alessio pulled me infront of him hard and hold me tightly by my forearms. The priest then started saying whatever he had to say but I did not payed any attention as I stared into Alessio's grey eyes which were glaring at me with hatred, already feeling uncomfortable and intimidated. He look like he was sculpted by god himself with his sharp jawline and high cheekbones. His skin was just-

"Your vows Mr Riccardo" the priest cuts my train of thoughts.

Alessio kept quiet and just glared at me. His eyes filled with more hatred. Tears started to form either from how hard he's holding onto me or how intimidating he look at me.

"Alright then, your vows Miss Romano," the priest said and look at me.

I gulped and started my vows.

"Marriage is when two people love each but that is not for our case-" Alessio's tightened his grip around my arms and i winced softly but I still continued, "Our marriage was arranged by our fathers. I'm sacrificing my entire life for someone who I don't love and he definitely doesn't love me, but if this is what my father wants, if this is my fate, so be it. I p...promise to take care of you and be t..there for you when you're in difficult times. And if one day you have my heart, I promise to show you my love and l..love you unconditionally every single d..day," I stuttered as tears flows down freely.