( r e a l l i f e )

"i didnt think you'd be a tea drinker, mr. mackie." charlotte sat crossed legged on anthonys couch, sipping on a cup of tea. 

"my wife got me into it," he laughed, pouring another cup from his tiny plugged in tea pot, "she drinks it every night before bed."

"thats cute." charlotte giggled. 

"but you didnt come her to talk about my bedtime rituals did you?" anthony eyed the girl sitting on his couch, her nervous laughter, tired eyes, shaky hands. 

charlotte sighed, feeling the weight on the oncoming conversation, "i'm confused." 

"about shaun?" 

"about shaun." she took a deep breath, "it happened so fast. so sudden.  i was swept off my feet by day one. he played it so well." 

"then whats the matter?" anthony sipped his tea. 

"sebastian." 

anthony smiled knowingly, "ah yes, sebastian stan." 

"hes in my every thought. his smile, his eyes, he laughter. i hate it. i havent talked to him for two weeks, and the last time he did he was dating his ex and teased me about the tabloids. he's a jerk." 

"a jerk that you can't stop talking about?" 

"shaun's great. you know that right?" charlotte asked, pleading for anthony to offer some calming peace to her racing heart. 

"he's a great guy. funny, smart talented, plays the roll well, but-" 

"but what?" 

"but i like sebastian more." 

"screw you, mackie. screw you." 

anthony just laughed, waiting for charlotte to continue. 

"this whole thing is screwed up, mackie. sebastian never made a move, heck our flirting wasn't even that intense. it was friendly and simple. sure he took me out to dinner and sure we fell asleep watching frozen together and sure we smiled and talked and loved each other. but he didnt do anything about, no one did anything but the stupid charstan ship on instagram. then all of a sudden, when i actually start making a move onto someone else, i'm labeled as 'playing the field' and everyone is upset at me for not dating the sebastian!" 

anthony opened his mouth to say something. 

"and another thing, sebastian told me i could love who i want to love and date who i want to date and not let people control my love life, but they're trying to do it now. everyone doesnt talk anymore and i feel distant from the whole cast thats 500 miles away. sebastian hates me, shaun likes me and everyone else is disappointed in my choices," charlotte took a deep breath, "and you're not being the fatherly mentor i need you to be right now." 

"are you done?" 

she nodded virgouresly.

"good. you've kept all that in your brain to long. thats the first part of you making a decision is cleaning up your thought process." anthony set his cup of tea down, leaning forward on his knees, "no one means to control you, charlie. if you told chris to just go fuck around in his own business he probably would and leave you alone." 

"i don't want that. chris is just concerned." 

"does he have anything to be concerned about?" 

"just my mess of feelings, but thats not a big deal." 

they settled into a small silence as they thought. 

"what do you want, charlotte?" anthony asked quietly. 

"i just want to be loved. loved for my heart and who i am deep down inside. not for some amazing actor." 

"and does shaun give you that?" 

charlotte couldn't answer that right away. her heart beat so hard she thought it might burst from her chest. shaun was everything someone could want, but was he something that she wanted? sebastian, she thought, was just a friend. they just talked to each other through out the day, but they stared a little longer then 'just friends' and that was the only reality she knew right now.