( r e a l l i f e )

"shoutout to marvel for choosing a set with a nice little grassy hill." charlotte whispered in order to not break the beautiful silence that surrounded them. 

sebastian laughed, "i come here a lot, believe it or not." 

"you would." 

"what is that supposed to mean?" sebastian propped himself up on his elbow to stare at her. 

"don't look at me like that." she laughed, pushing him over so he lay flat on his back again, "i just can see you sitting on this little hill." 

they both lay side by side on the hill. shoulders touching, whispered words floating back an forth. peace. 

"its the only place you can see the stars." sebastian said to the sky, "the studio lights are to bright everywhere else." 

"you and your stars." she said gently. 

"did you know that venus is the only planet that spins backwards relative to the other planets?" he didnt look at her, kept his eyes focused above.

"no, i didnt." 

"did you know that pluto is smaller than the earth's moon?" 

"no wonder it was so easily forgotten." 

"no one should ever forget about pluto." sebastian glanced at her, making sure she was still listening. she was. 

"what else do you know about our little space?" 

"did you know that we know more about space than we do about deep in our oceans?" 

"theres scary shit down there, its not a surprise." 

sebastain laughed, as he always did around her. 

"how do you know so much about space, seb?" she rolled over to face him, her brown eyes piercing into him. 

"it always interested me as a kid. something above us, beyond us, bigger then us." sebastian turned over too, so they lay facing each other, "something that big had to be grand and great. it had to be something to learn about. space is so pure and untouched, unexplored. we're just a spec of dust in scale to it." 

"then why do we matter? why does this matter?" 

"we do. i can't explain why. why were here. but i'm glad i'm here. right now. with you."

her heart stopped. her breathe was caught in her throat. 

"7 billion people on this earth and by some stroke of magic, i get to spend my time with you." sebastian reached forward, taking her hand. 

it felt natural, the way their fingers intertwined. it felt perfect. 

"i think..." sebastian started, sitting up. their hands still together, "i think..." he couldnt get out the words, they seemed to be stuck. 

"don't say anything, please sebastian." charlotte let go of his hand, "you might ruin it." 

"ruin what, charlie?" 

she was close to tears now, threatening to spill over, "everything. you'll ruin everything." 

____________

THESE BABIES. I DONT KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO DO.