( r e a l l i f e )

she wasn't quite sure why she was here. she had refused a movie, cuddle session and possible kiss with sebastian to be standing at this door right now, knocking. but charlotte knew that something was up with chris, and that made her come. 

"now you're checking up on me?" chris smirked, leaning against the door way once he saw it was her. 

"if thats what you want to call it. can i come in?" 

"maybe." but he ushered her in all the same, "water, tea?" 

"why are you upset?" she didnt answer his question, she wanted her own answers. 

"you're so forward, charlie." he settled down on the couch, patting the near by cushion, "but how do you know i'm upset?" 

"because you're about as predictable as they come." charlotte sighed, sitting down on the couch, "and i know you a little to well." 

"i'm predictable?" chris stiffened at those words. 

"yes," charlotte laughed, "you will always wear your heart on your sleeve, you're a hopeless romantic, your emotions aren't hard to read at all." 

"but predictable?" 

charlotte laughed harder, throwing her head back, "you go to bed always at midnight, you'll choose jellybeans over any other candy, leone's pizza will forever be your number one dinner choice and you'll always get butt hurt if you don't get to chaperone." 

chris pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"roberto said you were super moody all day on the set, especially when sebastian left to see me." 

"he told you that?" 

"yes, and sebastian said that your scenes were off too." charlotte moved closer, setting her hand on his shoulder, "whats up, chris?"

"its just you." 

"me?" she leaned back, not thinking she was his problem. 

"and sebastian." 

"me and sebastian...together?" charlotte stared intently into his eyes, "chris...what?!" 

"i-"  he stopped himself, looking down, "i don't like you together."

charlotte stopped breathing. she stood up, she couldn't sit down, not now. 

"what?" her hands ran through her hair, pulling at the roots, "chris, what?! why would you say that?" 

"because i can't lie to you anymore!" chris stood up, reaching towards her. charlotte allowed his hands to rest on her arms, "i have to be honest with you." 

tears threatened to spill from her brown eyes, "you're like my best friend, chris. why would you not like us together?" 

chris sighed, "this is the hardest thing i've ever had to do, but i can't not say it." 

"just say it chris, you can't make it any worse." 

"i love you, charlotte adams." chris voice was barely over a whisper. 

her mouth dropped open. this is not happening. no way. 

"chris-" 

"please, charlie. i've loved you since the first day i saw you as a walk on all covered in dust and literally no voice from screaming all day. i've loved you through the press, hate and rude boyfriends. through ever denied date and amazing date. i've loved you in every moment of the day and i can't sit back and watch you with someone else when i love you this much." 

charlotte couldn't speak. she didnt dare look him in the eyes. stupid chris. stupid hopeless romantic chris. stupid sweet chris. 

"i-" charlotte started. 

"shh." chris said, and in one moment his lips were against hers, and in one spilt second charlotte realized that she was so so screwed.