( r e a l l i f e )

charlotte was snuggled under about 20 million blankets when the doorbell rang out. 

"who would be at my door at 11pm and in the middle of a thunderstorm?" charlotte wiggled out from under the blankets, and grabbed the baseball bat that sat by the door, "hello? who's there?" 

"its me!" came sebastian's voice, "put down the baseball bat and let your very drenched co-star in!" 

charlotte unlocked the door to reveal the dripping wet sebastian. 

"i should have drove my car," he laughed, "you wouldn't happen to have a towel?" 

charlottes mouth was wide open, "what are you doing here?" 

"what?" sebastian shrugged. 

"we havent talked in two weeks...what are you doing?" charlotte was slightly annoyed, did he think she would just welcome him back? 

"i am making my move." 

charlotte shook her head, turning away from him she fetched a towel from the bathroom. 

"you're crazy." she shook her head, "the things you said, the things i did. you just don't move on from that." 

"charlie, charlie, charlie." sebastian rubbed the towel through his hair, following her into the kitchen. 

"you still take sugar in your tea right?" charlotte was getting good at pushing him away. 

"yes." sebastian paused at the door way, watching her. she was music and poetry given a body, given a soul. 

"sebastian listen." charlotte paused, gathering her thoughts, "i really screwed up this time. i- i don't trust myself around you anymore." 

"what?" sebastian took a step forward, only to have charlotte push past him once again. 

"i might do something even stupider then kiss chris." 

"like what?" sebastian scoffed at her doubt. 

"like fall in love with you." charlotte locked her eyes with his, "i can't trust myself around you." 

sebastian reached out for her, his hands shaking. they found hers, overlapping them. 

"sebastian, you have totally fucked me up." charlotte laughed slowly, "i can't get you out of my head. i am terrified of loosing you and getting close to you." 

"charlotte stop." sebastian was shaking. 

he was so in love. 

love. 

for her. 

"i am infatuated by you, charlotte grace adams." 

charlotte brust into tears. 

they came hot and heavy down her cheeks, they came so quickly it startled her. 

"charlotte, you made a mistake," his hands slipped around her face, holding her, "i've made a mistake. i can't help but think we've been afraid of the very thing we want so much. we don't know how to react to this feeling. so we push it away. we lock lips with friends and drown out our sorrows in angry words. charlotte, i am so sorry for keeping you waiting, and walking out on you after you told me about chris." 

"don't apologize. please." 

"i love you." 

three simple words. he loved her. 

"i love you too." it came out in a sob. 

sebastian leaned forward placing a chaste kiss on her lips.  

"charlotte from the moment you walked onto this movie set, i have been crazy for you. everything about you. i regret nothing about this journey. besides maybe you kissing chris, but thats beside the point." 

she smiled at him, "i am so sorry for pushing you away. for not trying to talk to you." 

"i should have made the first move. its on me." sebastian said, quietly, "please be patient with me, charlie. my feelings for you astound and confuse me half of the time." 

she drank him in. this man. this stupid man. she loved him. 

"will you be my girlfriend?" the words slipped out between the silence between kisses. 

charlotte laughed, "you sure, stan? i require lots of kisses and snuggles to keep me happy!" 

"i'll have to muster up the strength from deep down!"

it was easy for them. welcoming each other back into their lives. they slipped back into a normal routine so easily. nothing was hard. if they had each other, they had the world. 

"yes. i'll be your girlfriend. if you'll be my boyfriend." 

"i'll have to think about it." 

charlotte pouted, her bottom lip protruding. 

"yes, charlie. yes, yes, yes." sebastian laughed loudly, "id loved to be your boyfriend." 

and just like that, they were together again.