Chapter 1

Ayesha Pov

I woke up to the sound of loud banging on my door. I got up and grabbed my hijab from my side table and wrapped it around my head loosely. I opened the door seeing Ahmed ( Ayesha's brother) standing there.

"seriously what do you want," I said rubbing my eyes. I was tired from studying all night.

"Mama is calling you downstairs look at the time," He said bitterly. 

I looked at the time on my broken phone . It was 12 o'clock my eyes grew wide I shut the door and took a shower quickly, wore my blue maxi and black hijab and made my way downstairs. I saw my mom sitting on her phone ready to go to the masjid to read jummah.

"Assalamualaikum Mama"

"Wasallam, Ayesha hurry up we have to leave you're making us late," mama said not even looking up from her phone. I didn't mind anymore before I wanted my mother to care for me but over the years, I found out that no matter how hard I try I'll always be on the bad side of my parents.

I grabbed the key to the car and drove to the masjid the ride was quiet. I met aunties and a couple of the daughters that were my age. It's funny how I can plaster a fake believable smile on my face and it would look so real. When we finished namaz I prayed for my future, for someone that can come and make me happy and if there is not anyone for me than to bless my family and maybe one day they can love me.

After I was done praying we went home, I started cooking and doing the normal chores I did every day. I had no school today because of exams coming up in 2 days. I carried on doing chores around the house. Since Rabeeah ( Ayesha's sister) was still at school and I knew she would not do her part of the chores when she will come so I did them.

Once I was done everything I went to my small room in the corner of the house and read Quran for an hour. The Quran calms me down it helps me through the difficult time. When I finished I heard the main door close loudly I knew it would be papa. I quickly ran downstairs and said my sallam but him being normal didn't respond to me and instead went to the kitchen where mama was sitting waiting for me to serve the food. I grabbed his bag and placed it in mama and papa's room. Running downstairs I went to the dining room and started serving everyone. I put in food for myself and sat with everyone. Papa seemed tense today like a lot.

"Zara ( Ayesha's mom) I found a guy for Ayesha" papa said out nowhere. I choked on my rice my eyes were getting teary. I don't want to get married right now I want to finish my studies I want to be something.

"WHAT! that is such good news dear" mama spoke with her hand together in excitement. I wasn't shocked by mama's reactions, she's been telling me to find someone so then I can stop causing them misery.

"Mama papa don't you think I have a say," I said staring at my food I was afraid for the answer. I just wanted to tell them that I wanted to finish my studies I'm in my last year. I looked up seeing Papa's eyes red.

"Ayesha bas ho gi hai ( enough) you need to get married now and this guy in my eyes is right for you I went to England for business but I found someone for you, CAN'T you just be happy for once and say thanks wait I forgot tum ko thank you be nahi khana ata ( you don't even know how to say thank you) YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED TO HIM YOU HAVE NO SAY IN THIS I WANT YOU OUT OF THIS HOUSE HAVE'NT YOU CAUSED ENOUGH PAIN TO THIS FAMILY," Papa said yelling the last part so loud.

I had tears in my eyes but I can't let them out, so I stayed quiet and looked at my mom glaring at me.

"Zara she is getting married I want her out, the guy's name is Aayan and they are coming next week to see her. They are wealthy and Aayan is religious. his parents agreed as soon I told them" Papa said calming down. Does this so-called Aayan want to even get married, and married to someone like me.

"Okay love that's fine"

Two days earlier Aayan Pov

"little bro get up man uncle kamran is coming" Usman bahi came in bursting in. what is wrong with him always barging in.

"Fine gosh, the one day I have off I have to get up early," I say with total annoyance.

Usman bahi (Aayan brother) went out of the room laughing. I got up and toke a quick shower and went straight to the kitchen.

"Sallam Mummy" I said kissing her cheek, I love her soo much what can I say she is my mother after all.

"Sallam beta how was your sleep" ami asked

"fine but than Usman woke me up. when is uncle Kamran coming?"

"In an hour, bhabi is getting the food ready go help her" mama said walking to the living room me following her.

"ma isn't that Aliyah's (Aayan sister) job," I said

"yeah just help her she's pregnant go"

I walked to the kitchen and saw bhabi standing drinking water.

"should I help, " I asked in boredom

"Na, you go I can do this" I was gonna turn and leave but she called me "wait I have a feeling this uncle Kamran has something you want to know, It might be something very very important and can you pass me the sauce"

I grabbed the sauce and tossed it to her

"What do you mean huh I hardly know his family" knowing what she was getting to."

"just wait and see Aayan just watch Child"

"OMG your imaginations run wild I hope that baby in there isn't that crazy" me and Bhabi start laughing

Just than Usman Bahi came in "what is going on here" he was staring at us. "Nothing just hoping the kid of yours isn't crazy like the two of you" I winked. Usman bahi went over to bahabi and stood beside her laughing. Those two are a very cute couple mashallah it's sad to think that they are moving out in a couple of months to the US. Then I will be stuck with Aliyah.

I was sitting at the Dining table with my laptop out working on some of the work, dad told me to finish. I actually just want to know why all of the sudden Uncle Kamran is coming. I mean he came to London so many time but he never visited our house and I haven't seen him in 5 years. Why a sudden interest in our family. I didn't know much about him he always came alone if he did to London.

I heard the door bell ring snapping out of my thoughts and got up quickly shutting my laptop when I was about to open the door but Anum our maid opened the door. I saw baba greeting Uncle Kamran, he changed so much from the last time I saw him he had grey hair and he had a longer beard wearing a suit. I went up to him.

"sallam uncle" I said hugging him

" wasallam beta ( son) how are u? you have changed soo much."

"Says who" I mumbled

"alhumdullliah how are u?"

"fine beta (son)"

baba toke him to the living room they sat there talking like long lost brothers. I sat there listening to the conversation which reminded me of what Bahabi was saying. Baba got a call from his office saying he needed to be there and well he couldn't so he sent me AND that's when everything changed.

Aslamolakom sisters, this is my first story please tell me how you guys like it. I will publish a lot more chapters this week inshallah. Sister's please be honest  how my writing is. I am trying to make the chapters better.  So feedback would help jazakallah.