Chapter 29

Previous chapter:

"Aayan it's time to leave I gave you 5 minutes and that's over", Hamza said standing near the door.

"I will be back Ayesha" Aayan uttered, I stayed quiet.

Aayan stood up and left kissing Hassan who wiped the cheek right after he left I laughed at his actions.

I took Hamza home right after. When I got home I put him to sleep on my bed, for some reason he wasn't leaving my side, he was glued to me all day.

I was sitting down sipping on my coffee lost in my thought's. He didn't even dare to say sorry or ask how I was doing.

I have given up on people asking me how I was. No one cared about me from the beginning and no one will unless it is Allah.

I wonder how I will carry to live on alone with a child to take care of.

I am and always will be a burden in people life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayesha pov

I was walking around in central London after a long day of work. I wanted to get some fresh air and also take Hassan out. Hassan has fallen asleep in his stroller while strolling him around so I stopped at a bench in front of the big ben. London was still busy at 10 in the evening.  

I moved the stroller towards me and toke out a blanket from the baby bag and put it on Hassan who was peacefully sleeping.  I signed loudly and toke out my phone to check my emails from work. I couldn't focus on work much anymore Hamza has even told me to start paying attention more while he is speaking to me. 

I haven't heard from Aayan since the last encounter we had at Hamza's office. Hassan sure got scared seeing him because after that he didn't go anywhere unless I was with him and it became a little difficult because I had work but Hamza helped me with that and got a nanny for Hassan which took care of him when I was working. 

I heard a little moan from Hassan who was holding his blanket tightly. I smiled. I was about to get up but I heard my name.

"Ayesha... " I heard I turned around and stood up. 

I couldn't see clearly because it was dark. 

"It's me, Ahmed," Ahmed said. I was shocked and went over to him and hugged him he hugged me back.

I pulled away observing him he had longer hair and has grown a beard.

"you're here?" I asked shocked

"Yeah I got accepted to Oxford," He said glancing towards the stroller.

"That's Hassan," I said moving toward the stroller. I am so happy to see Ahmed here.

"Mashallah he is adorable, Where is Aayan bahi, I tried calling him many times but he never picked up and your number you changed," Ahmed told me sitting down beside me. 

"Actually..." tears were building up, I toke in a deep breath Ahmed looked at me with a concerned face.

"We aren't together, I said bitterly

"What do you mean?" Ahmed's eyes became worried. 

"I'm not living with him, he and I separated, we are not divorced but I'm living alone" I let out quickly