Chapter 6

There was a knock at Nico's door. He rolled over, ignoring the person. The person knocked again.

"Go away," he shouted in the direction of the door.

"Open up," they called though the wood.

Nico, still having no motivation to get out of bed, stayed put. He thought it might have been the landlord asking for this month's rent.

"I'll have your money by tomorrow, Marilyn. Now, please, go away."

The door swung open, revealing a young lady in a pink dress. Her dark hair was let loose over her shoulders. Nico met the woman's eyes, recognizing the annoyance and frustration right away. It was Bianca.

Nico immediately sat up, now fully awake. He didn't want to anger his sister even more than she was now.

"I-- I thought you were with Will," he said, unsure how to survive the situation.

"I was," she told him, lifting up the clock by his bed. "But I had to come get you for dinner. Get dress; you're late already."

Nico stood up, rubbing his neck. "Problem with that is that nothing fits anymore."

"Didn't you bring a suit? I know you own one."

Nico shrugged, falling back on the bed. Bianca sighed, telling him that she'd be sending dinner up to him. He breathed a breath of relief, knowing he wouldn't have to go down and face his father again.

☀️❤️💀

Bianca stormed back down to the dining hall. Outside the doors, she paused, taking a breath trying to calm down. She was able to convince Nico to come home, for her, she thought, but he'd only been acting like a stubborn mule around her. At least with him there it wouldn't be so awkward with Prince Will.

She entered the room, a fake smile on her face. After taking her seat beside Will, she began to explain Nico's situation. Not the real one, of course, the one that was going to save him from being judged from their father.

"Nico's tired from his travels," she said. "He already asked some of the servants to send him a meal. After that, he's going to bed."

"I see," Hades replied, uninterested in his son. "So, how was the picnic?"

Under the table, Bianca's hand twitched. Something that only happened when she had reached her limit with something. This 'something' was all the stupid dates her father had been forcing them on and she was sick of talking about them just as much as going on them.

"Fine," Bianca replied before Will could. "Tomorrow, though, I think the boys should have some bonding time. You know, just Nico and Will."

She had her fingers crossed that her father would agree, or that her step mother, Persephone, would go along with it. She needed a break from the blonde haired prince.

To her relief, Persephone somehow worked out her plea for help. "I think that's a marvelous idea. The boys could use a few days to get to know one another."

Hades started to object in the kindest tone possible. "Persephone, dear, I--"

"Oh, so you do agree? Then it's settled. I'll work out the plans after dinner."

Persephone and Bianca locked eyes. The princess sent a silent thanks to her stepmother. Even if the boys only bonded for half the day, it was enough of a break for her.

☀️❤️💀

Nico scarfed down the food that was sent to his room. He never thought he'd taste such mouthwatering food again. He thought about asking for more food, but didn't want to cause more work for anyone. He knew how hard it was to work for someone else.