Chapter 31

Nico didn't show up for breakfast the next morning. Bianca used the excuse that Nico had been up late, which wasn't a lie. He had been up late. She just didn't go into the details as to why. Luckily, the king and queen bought it, so no questions were asked.

After eating their food, everyone went off to do whatever they had planned for the day. Bianca and Hazel decided to take a walk in the gardens, Apollo had king duties to attend to, and Rachel had asked Naomi for help with something. Will on other hand was calling an emergency meeting with his closest friends, but Cecil and Lou Ellen couldn't make it till noon.

"What's this meeting about, Will?" Kayla asked as she and Austin came in. "Is it about last night?"

Will shook his head, trying to clear his mind. He forgot that Kayla and Austin weren't there the last time when he had told Cecil and Lou about his possible crush on his fiancé's brother.

The two friends of the prince glanced at each other, not knowing what to do about Will's pacing. They ended up seating themselves down on the couch, following Will's movement with their eyes. None of them said anything till the blonde hair boy suddenly stopped and turned to them and explained a little.

"Sooooo long story short," he took a deep breath before continuing. "I might see Nico as more than a friend."

"What!" the two shouted. Both of them at one began to talk at the same time, making it hard for Will to listen to them, let alone respond. In the midst of their shouting, there was a knock at the door, which Will went to answer.

Cecil and Lou Ellen stood outside the door. When the door had opened, they came in without saying anything. Will would've saved them if they were anyone else, but this was normal behavior for them.

"They were we called here?" Lou asked.

"Will's has a crush for Prince Nico!" Kayla and Austin both creamed.

Will groaned, closing his eyes. He was glad he had already shut the door. The chance of someone hearing them with the door open was a huge possibility. And if the palace servants had heard that... he didn't want to think of the rumors that would be created.

The other two sighed, looking at each other.

"Will, are you positive that you like Nico like that" Cecil asked. "I mean, you've felt like this how many times? Twice? Maybe three times? How can you be sure?"

"Look, guys" Will tried reasoning, "I don't know. That's why I called you guys here. So that you could help me figure this out and maybe help me or give me some advice."

The other four shared a look amongst themselves, all of them silently speaking. After many intense moments, Austin sighed, speaking for everyone.

"Okay, we'll help. Now tell us what happened last night."

Will told the four of them what had happened last night, starting with them leaving the palace and all the way to when they got back. Afterward, they began to process and analyze every detail to figure if Will was right.

"Well?" Will asked after five minutes of silence.

Lou shook her head, standing up.

"We can't determine if you're in love or not. That's only something you can feel and know. All we can do is offer support."

Will looked at the other three for help, but they shrugged, agreeing with Lou. Will sighed, falling back on his bed. It wasn't that he was upset with his friends; he knew they were right, but he wished it were easier to know if his feelings were true.

🌞❤️💀

That afternoon after Nico had finally gotten over his hangover, he decided to go get a breath of fresh air, so he went out to the gardens. No one was there, seeing as though it was almost time for supper, but Nico wasn't planning on waiting with everyone. He just felt like being alone today.