Chapter 44

At end of the month, Persephone came to help Bianca with picking out wedding dresses. Something that B had been trying to avoid, but with the wedding just two months away, she couldn't put it off any longer. Same with bridesmaid dresses, which she, as well as a few others, would be dealing with next week.

With her, she brought photo albums upon Bianca's request. Her plan was to show Will pictures of baby Nico and see his reaction. That is if he was interested and B knew he would be.

But back to the dresses.

Rachel, Hazel, Naomi, and Persephone accompanied Bianca to her dress fitting. Apparently, her step-mother had found a few (dozen) dresses that she thought would fit the bride perfectly. Naomi had also selected quite a handful she thought looked nice, but in the end, it was up to B to pick.

Before the fitting started, Persephone carried on a message from Hades. Since Bianca was to married to the prince of the Sun Kingdom and be living there permanently, Hades was hoping B would go with a more traditional style dress from that kingdom's culture. That meant puffy skirts and sweetheart necklines.

That was a no for Bianca. A big no.

Persephone only brought it up once, and when Bianca shut it down, the other woman accepted it. It was B's big day anyway. She had final say in the end.

On top of finding the bride a dress, they were also looking for a flower girl dress for Hazel. The little girl was ecstatic about finding a dress wearing it for his sister's wedding, though she still didn't get why she was marrying Will. And when the adults weren't paying attention, Hazel asked the girls again why her brother wasn't getting married to Will.

"But they love each other," the little girl instead. "They hold hands all the time."

The other two paused, looking at Hazel. "They hold hands around you?" B asked.

Hazel nodded. "Yeah. They try to hide it, but they're not very good."

Binaca facepalmed and Rachel took over the conversation.

"Hazel, we need you to do us a big favor. Don't tell anyone, especially the adults, about this okay. Only us."

"But--"

"What are you three talking about?" Persephone asked. Before Rachel or Bianca could say anything, Hazel spoke up.

"They're going to play Go Fish with me later. And if I win, Rachel promises to let me use her paints."

"Uh, no I don't."

Before they could start arguing, the adults broke it up and got them to look at more dresses. Naomi and Persephone took Hazel, leaving the other two to find a dress for B. Rachel had to drag the girl along, forcing her to look.

"Have you tried talking to Will?" the redhead asked, skimming the racks.

"No," B huffed, pulling a dress out to look. She put it right back. "How do I even start the conversation? 'Hey, Will. Your aunt wants me to abandon you and any and all priorities I have to the kingdom to work for her. Good? Kay, thanks.'"

Rachel rolled her eyes. "Can you take this seriously?"

"I am. And that's why I'm doubting that I'll be able to take up the offer."

"Bianca di Angelo, stop what you're doing and look at me," the redhead demanded. B did as she was told. "Talk to Will. At least let him know. If he tries to talk you into doing it, let that be a sign that you should be taking up this offer. Okay? Try, please."

Sighing the black haired girl nodded. "Okay. I'll try."

"Thank you. Now, let's find a dress."

Bianca groaned, turning back to the racks of pure white gowns. There were a million things she'd rather be doing now if she were honest.