Chapter 32

Bianca warned Will about why Nico had been moody lately. She didn't tell him exactly why, just that he might go to a friend to talk about some life changing things. Will, at first, was extremely curious about what was brother Nico and tried to get Bianca to say, but she refused. He let it go soon after.

After Bianca had told him the next morning, they went down for breakfast. Will hoped Nico would be there, but no such luck. The smaller boy wasn't going to show up.

Rachel was sitting beside Hazel already, helping the little girl cut her waffles. Over the past few days, Rachel had been warming up to everyone. Hazel seemed to love her. Especially her hair. And from the looks of it, her and Bianca were becoming BFF's. As for Nico, Will had no idea. R, he didn't until later in the meal.

"Where's Nico?" she asked Will and Bianca.

"In his room," Bianca answered. "He had a rough night."

"Oh. Will he be okay?"

She nodded. "He just needs some time alone to think."

Rachel nodded, understanding the circumstances. "If you see him, tell him I'm in the shed if he want's to talk."

Bianca nodded like she knew about the two's relationship. Will glanced between the two, wonder what they knew that he didn't.

"Wait, Nico talked to you?"

"Yeah. Why?"

Will averted his eyes, hoping that the redhead didn't catch whatever emotion he was showing. Unfortunately for him, she did and grinned, not saying anything.

"Nothing. Just a question."

Bianca glanced at him suspiciously but didn't press. She reached for a piece of bacon off her plate but was stopped short by her phone going off. Upon checking it, she saw Nico's contact at the top of her notification.

From: Ghost King

To: Huntress

Can you bring me some bacon? I don't want to deal with people right now.

She sent him back a quick 'yes' and received a thanks just as fast as she had replied. Bianca filled a small plate with the greasy meat and stood from her chair. Hazel paid no attention; there were waffles in front of her after all. Rachel had a feeling as to what Bianca was doing and nodded in her direction. Will also caught on and scrambled to catch up with her.

"Mind if I join?"

The girl raised an eyebrow. "What's up with you today?"

"What? Me? Nooooo..." he trailed off, rubbing his neck. "I;m just concerned cause I haven't seen his since he went out the other night, ya know?"

She shook her head, choosing not to think about Will's behavior today. She had bigger problems today.

They reached Nico's door in a few short minutes and knock. Nico called out for Bianca to come in, so she did, politely asking Will to wait. He agreed, understanding that this wasn't the time to intervene.

Bianca slipped with the plate in hand. Nico was curled up on the couch, all the lights off and curtains closed. Around the couch were crushed pop cans and an empty bag of chips from the previous night. They had stayed up and watched Doctor Who like they always did when Nico was sad. It also meant that there was a mess that needed to be cleaned up.

"Hey," Bianca whispered, crouching down beside her brother. She gently pushed his hair out of his eyes as she spoke. "I brought you that bacon."

"Thanks," Nico mumbled, taking the plate.