Chapter 29

Dinner was an awkward time or everyone thanks to the men. All four males were too stubborn to let go of their differences to speak. Nico and Will were still mad at each other, and despite father and son being on the same side for once, Nico and Hades still wouldn't talk. They barely glanced at each other. Hades and Apollo did their best to not let their true colors show, but it was obvious that they weren't getting along at the moment. In the end, it was up for the women to come in a save the day.

Bianca and Rachel were slowly getting to know each other, so they had started a conversation, but no one else joined in. Naomi tried to discuss adult things with her husband and Hades, but neither of them would comply. As for Hazel, she could feel the tension and she didn't like it one bit.

"B," she whispered, gaining her attention, "why's everyone mad?"

Bianca smiled down at her sadly. "You'll understand when you're older, okay?"

"Okay," she answered, stuffing her face with mac and cheese.

At the end of the meal, no problems had been solved. Bianca and Naomi knew this was a possibility and had a plan made up already. They looked at each other, nodding slightly. Bianca turned to Rachel.

"Do you mind taking Hazel to her room? I need to discuss with the other about something."

Rachel nodded, gesturing for Hazel to follow. She smiled brightly at the little girl, trying to be as friendly as possible. It seemed to work. Hazel laughed, running to her and pulling her along.

"Can I play with your hair?" Hazel asked, staring at her red hair. Rachel laughed, nodding.

"Sure, but we have to get to your room first."

Once they were out of the room and far enough away, Bianca stood, looking between all four boys. None of them were looking at her or the queen, nor were they looking at each other.

"You guys need to grow up," Bianca stated. "I understand you all have personal opinions, but keep them to yourselves."

"She's right," Naomi backed her up. "Especially you two," she gestured to both the other adults. "You're both grown men and rulers of a kingdom. You need to start acting like it some more. Honestly, do you two want to starts war?"

Hades was the first to speak up, saying, "Or maybe we can just break off the engagement between our children and call it down?"

"Please!" Both Bianca and Will shouted, not even realizing they had. They both looked each other, holding back their laughter.

Hades rolled his eyes. He stood up, scooting his chair in. "If you'll excuse me, I'd like to spend some time with my daughters before I leave."

Everyone took notice how he only spoke of the girls and not his son. Bianca and Will casted a glance over to Nico to see how he felt. His hands were in fists under the table and his eyes were squeezed shut. If it was out of anger or sadness, neither knew. Meanwhile, Apollo and Naomi glanced at each other, suspecting something between the two that they weren't supposed to know about.

Bianca stormed over to the doors leading to the room, shutting them. She then turned back to the others, mainly her father, glaring at him.

"You," she said in an ordering tone, pointing at him, "are going act nice to everyone the rest of the time you're here. And you two aren't leaving till you make up," she told Hades and Apollo before turning to the other two. "And you two are going to as well."

"Bianca," Apollo started, "you're taking this too far. Don't you agree, Naomi?"

The queen shook her head, going to open the doors again. Bianca, knowing that they'd won this battle, went to retrieve the younger boys, pulling them along by their ears. They protested, trying to loosen her grip. It didn't work though. All it did was strengthen her hold on them. Once the three were out of the room, the queen turned around to the men. With a smirk, she pulled a key out of her pocket, slipping through the doors of the dining room.