Chapter 12

Phil: Dan, do you want to meet up at the hill?

Dan: I am already one step ahead of you.

Phil: On my way ;)

Phil slipped out of his bed and quietly went downstairs. He managed to sneak out of the house without his mum finding out that time which was a huge accomplishment. He strolled down the street, humming a tune to himself the whole way.

When he reached the hill, a smile broke out on his face and he climbed to the top. Dan was lying down, looking up at the starry sky. "Hey." Dan mumbled.

"Can I ask you something?" Phil said, getting straight to the point so that he wouldn't avoid the subject.

"Okay.."

"Will you go on a date with me?" Dan didn't respond as he jolted up into a sitting position. He turned his head to face Phil to see if there was any hint of a joke in his facial expression.. he looked genuinely serious.

"Where to?"

"I guess we could see a movie?"

"Sure. When?"

"I'll see what time the movies are on and we can arrange something around them?"

"Okay."

"I'll text you."

"Can I kiss you?" Dan asked, catching Phil off guard. It took him a couple of moments to nod but when he did, he was glad. Dan leaned forward and pressed his lips against Phil's. When they pulled back Phil just about heard Dan whisper, "You were my first kiss, you know."

"Was I?"

"Yeah.."

"That means a lot to me."

"Me too."

-

Phil: Big Hero 6 is on at 5:20?? Is that alright with you?

Dan: Yeah

Phil: Is it okay if we walk there? It's pretty embarrassing if you have your mum drive you and your date to the movies >.<

Dan: Yeah, sure. I'll be at yours for 5?

Phil: Can't wait.

-

Dan was nervous as he knocked on Phil's door. He was unsure on what he should have worn but settled with skinny jeans and a galaxy jumper. His nerves were making him shake as he waited for Phil to open the door.

When Phil walked out, Dan had to hold back a gasp... he looked beautiful. Phil was wearing a mint jumper, pale skinny jeans and he had a flower crown balanced on top of his head. Phil flashed a timid smile at Dan who could only gasp in response. Phil was just unbelievably pretty.

Dan wasn't sure what he had done to end up meeting someone as amazing as Phil. He didn't deserve to know him at all, let alone to be going on a date with him.

He smiled widely to himself just because he was finally content. He was finally content with his life and who he was. It was an amazing feeling.

-

The movie had just finished, meaning Dan and Phil were just leaving the cinema. They were laughing about a funny part in the movie when Dan's laughter suddenly halted into silence. "What?" Phil wondered, his laughter terminating too because of the serious look on Dan's face.

"Look." Dan mumbled, pointing behind Phil. Phil turned around to see that Chris and PJ were standing by one of the doors, smiles on both of their faces. Chris noticed them after a moment and he sent them an annoyed look. An idea formed into Dan's head and he quickly leaned forward and pressed his lips against Phil's. He could only imagine how annoyed Chris would be.

But he didn't care.

They pulled back and turned back to Chris and PJ. Chris' mouth was wide open in shock so what did Dan do? He smirked at Chris. Smirked. He felt like he was on top of the world with Phil: he could do anything.

-

"Chris, please, don't do anything." PJ begged, putting a hand on Chris' shoulder to hold him back.

"But-" Chris went to argue but PJ cut him off.

"Don't you see how horrible you're being? Love is love, okay? Whether it's a boy and a girl, a girl and a girl or a boy and a boy."

"But it's weird."

"Chris, would you think it was weird if I was gay?"

"But you're not."

"I actually am." Chris waited for PJ to burst out laughing, telling him it was a joke but he didn't. He was being serious.

"You're.. you're gay?" Chris mumbled, his eyes wide. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"I am. I've known for a while."

"You're my best friend.." Chris' voice was trembling. He wasn't angry and PJ could tell. PJ wished he was angry, it would be much better than whatever he was then. Chris' eyes were slowly filling with tears that were ready to fall but he was holding them back: he didn't want to look weak. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Because you're so clearly against it."

"It's not that.."

"What is it then?" When Chris stayed silence, PJ shook his head. "Talk to me when you have a reason to hate people who aren't straight." PJ sighed before turning to leave.

"Wait, PJ-" Chris yelled and he wasn't thinking straight. At all. He reached out, grabbed PJ's hand and pulled him back.

"What? If you have something nasty to say, I don't want to hear it." PJ snapped. He was frowning and his eyes were quickly filling with tears. "If you want to hurt someone who's not straight, hurt me, not them." Chris was about to argue but PJ had already stormed off.