Chapter 13

I know it isn't Monday but I just really want to finish posting this so I can post the prequel.

Just so you know, the prequel is called Discovery :)

Louise wasn't sure what to assume when Dan and Phil walked into school together with their hands connected. She wasn't entirely sure if it was platonic or not. She knew Dan was gay and she had heard the rumours about Phil but what did that mean? Were they together? She smiled as she remembered her conversation with Phil where he told her that Dan had told him he liked him. Hopefully, things went well with the pair.

"Hey, Louise!" Phil exclaimed, a wide smile on his face. Louise noticed that he seemed a lot more happier than usual, making her even more suspicious. "We have something to tell you!"

"Do you?" Louise responded with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes! Dan and I.. we're in a relationship."

"I knew it." Louise whispered to herself. Thankfully, neither Dan nor Phil had heard her. "That's actually adorable." She said aloud instead, deciding that that would be much more socially accepting. Phil grinned even wider at his friend's response- if that was possible.

The bell rang just seconds later, meaning they had to file towards their English class again.

-

"PJ's gay." Chris whispered as soon as Dan and Phil took their seats either side of him.

"Is he?" Phil was first to reply. It was clear in his voice that he was surprised: who wouldn't be surprised? If someone hung around with someone who was so clearly homophobic, you would not think they were gay. Never in a million years.

"Yeah.. I can't believe he didn't tell me sooner." Chris' voice was shaking so much that Phil thought he was crying for a few moments before he realised that there were no actual tears in his eyes. He just looked numb, like he wasn't feeling anything... or at least, he was unsure on how to feel.

"Maybe he didn't tell you because you're homophobic and he didn't want to be bullied? Have you ever thought about that?" Chris was clenching a fist at his side and Phil noticed. He edged his seat a few centimetres to the side- just in case. Phil didn't want to but he kind of felt sorry for the bully: he was obviously conflicted inside because of his best friend. Phil could tell that he didn't want to lose PJ, it was obvious by the way he wasn't flipping out like anyone would expect him to. "Chris, what did you say to PJ when he told you?"

"He wouldn't let me say anything!" Chris burst out after a couple of moments of silence. His eyes began to fill with tears just then and he looked like he was ready to start sobbing right there and then. Phil kind of felt sorry for him.

"What did he say to you then?"

"He told me to not hurt you but hurt him instead.." Chris stood up, his chair scraping so loudly that every students' attention turned on them. "I can't talk about this." Chris then sprinted out of the room whilst the whole class watched.

Most people noticed the fact that he was crying.

"Phil made Chris Kendall cry? Chris never cries! What did he say?" Phil heard someone say, making him frown. He turned to look at Dan who was staring at him anyway.

"It's not your fault." Dan whispered, putting a caring hand on Phil's shoulder. "He should never have been an idiot in the first place."

"Should I go after him?" Phil was surprised that he voice was as quiet as it came out. He sounded so timid and fragile, two words that were never in the same sentence as Phil Lester.