Chapter 5

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Kickass, or Red Mist, I only came up with Moon Haze <3 Enjoy!

I had been playing video games all night. By the time I got up to check my phone, Moon Haze had called me three times, and had left at least twenty text messages.

"Where are you??"

"Did you forget about the patrol tonight?"

"Call me."

-3 missed calls-

As I checked the screen and decided against responding to her texts, like I had been doing all day, her name popped up on the screen.

She was calling me. For the fourth time.

I reluctantly accepted the call.

"Hey."

"Hey? Is that all you're going to say to me? I've been trying to meet up all day!"

I rolled my eyes at the phone.

"I already told you, I don't do much on Saturdays. And I've been staring at a screen all day, I'm nursing a massive headache at the moment."

"Headache, or hangover? And you know, crime doesn't stop and wait for you."

"Maybe a little bit of both. Come on, I've been on patrol with you all week. Between that and training, I don't have any time to get drunk!"

She sighed and sounded as if she had just given someone a high five. Her laugh became barely audible over the phone.

"Okay. You know, the best place to get rid of a hangover is a café not too far from where I am now. And I know you aren't doing anything of importance. Come with me?"

I had already scrambled off the couch and was currently shoving my arms into the tight-fitting gloves of my Red Mist costume.

"Yeah, give me a minute or two and I'll meet you there, OK?"

She chuckled and said, "I'll send the address." And hung up.

Once I got my suit and mask on, I headed to the mist mobile and plugged in the café's address. I turned on the radio, and occasionally waved at random people on the streets.

I spotted her small figure before the building came into view. She, like always, was wearing her silky white leggings and skin-tight crop top.

And damn, I promised myself I would never ogle at her, (with her being my sidekick) but she has really nice tits. The crop top only accentuated the fact that her cup size was no smaller than a C.

I parked the mist-mobile and quickly climbed out to meet her.

It was almost dark out. Probably around 11 or 12. That was usually when we saw each other, to be honest. He had rarely seen her in broad daylight.