Chapter 10

Moon Haze's POV

I woke up in Mist's bed.

Naked.

Which was never a good thing. Eventually, I found all the necessary evidence scattered around the room that what happened last night was more than just making out.

It was most likely my fault. Mixed with alcohol, I always have what I want.

He was still sound asleep, no doubt avoiding a massive hangover. I had to admit, he was cute when he slept.

His mask had fallen off when he crashed, and he, in general, was cute. I brushed a piece of brown hair from his eyes and a smile slightly crept up my face.

I liked this boy.

After I pulled the comforter above his shoulders and gently kissed his forehead, I found my dress and underwear, and tugged it back on, not bothering with my bra

Red Mist might as well have some clues to help him retain his memory when he wakes up, since I planned on getting rid of the rest of the evidence.

I looked around his room to find a trash can to dispose of the entirety of last night. I found it, and my eyes immediately focused on a small paper cup.

Starbucks. From what I could see of it, his name was written as: Chris.

Bingo.

It felt wrong knowing his identity, even just his first name, now that I've taken a liking to him, but I still had my sights set on finishing the mission I was assigned to by my very own parents.

I didn't want to do it. It was tearing me apart. I liked him. Chris, Red Mist, I don't care which. Him. But my parents
died because of him, they died trying to uncover his identity.

They left me all alone.

And their very last words were not "I love you."

They didn't care about me, their lives were dedicated to crime fighting. Both of them were secret agents.

Both knew that this boy that lay harmlessly sleeping in this very room was a danger. They knew he had the potential to rally criminals and super-villains together, call them what you will.

The main thing I've learned since joining forces was that he wasn't a bad guy. He just did some bad things sometimes.

It would've been chaotic if he truly went criminal

They knew that. Their last words were simple, but I knew then exactly what I had to do to honor them.

"Get rid of Red Mist."

Red Mist's POV

I woke up in my bed, as usual.

But something seemed different. I had a bitch of a hangover that could probably top every hangover I've ever had.

Hangover?

I hadn't even remembered getting drunk.

I sat up, and immediately regretted it, blood rushed to my head. My room looked the same, except for an empty bottle of Jack Daniel's with lipstick marks along the rim.