Chapter 7

Disclaimer: I only own Moon Haze, Kickass does not belong to me!

(I know it's not a gif, but this is my favorite line from Kickass :3)

Damn, this girl takes forever.

I was currently sitting at an empty table with my, sometimes, embarrassing costume already hiding my identity.

And the people kept sending me strange glances.

Of course, I was used to this.

Moon Haze had wanted to meet. What for? I have no possible idea. Sometimes her mind scared me, I never knew what she was thinking.

The same barista from my last visit was still fawning over me from the register. This time she just squealed instead of wanting a picture, then gave me a pastry, free of charge.

To be honest, that barista was the nicest person in existence; I'd have to be sure to generously tip her the next time I found myself wandering to this old café.

The little chime went off, signaling that someone had entered the quaint little shop. And to no avail, it wasn't Moon Haze.

That girl was absolutely terrible at showing up on time. She had asked to meet at 12:00.

And it was 1:37.

My thoughts drifted. That had been happening often lately. Too often, after I realized I wanted more than just a sidekick.

Even thinking about it makes me want to cringe. I had been partners with a hero once, and my father was killed because of it.

To think that I wanted to be more than just two heroes, more like anti-heroes, working together; the entire idea was against everything I had ever known.

I was supposed to distance myself from the others, not fight alongside them. But loneliness took a toll on me, and I couldn't stand it.

The fact was this: I liked Moon Haze. I liked working with her. And I would love to know the real Moon Haze. I wanted to be able to call her by her real name, wanted her to call me Chris.

Not Mist.

The chime sounded again, and I caught a glimpse of her silky white hair.

She wore it in pigtails. And pigtails may seem childish, but the way she wore them made her seem even more menacing and dangerous.