Chapter 9

Ugh

Ugh. That's all I have to say regarding these gifs. WHY IS HE SO CUTE??!

Disclaimer: I don't own Kick Ass! c:

The party hadn't even started yet and I could already tell that I was about to get enormously fucked beyond compare.

I had to scrounge around to find the key to the bar room, but other than that and hiring a dj for music, setting up the entire ordeal had been insanely simple.

Of course, Moon Haze and I locked our costumes in a small closet space in her current room. The doors to rooms with expensive shit inside were locked as well.

Although they were locked I had no doubt someone would find a way to get into the spare bedrooms so they could get wasted and, quite possibly, laid.

Scratch that, definitely to get laid.

Haze decided to wear her mask for the party, and eventually she convinced me to wear mine as well.

"If anyone asks, just say you made a replica of Red Mist's real one. Tons of people do that."

~~~

Moon Haze disappeared into the crowd the first chance she got. I mostly walked around and watched the party unfold.

Only one beer later I found myself laid back in a bar stool, when a fairly pretty girl took a seat beside me.

"Hey."

I smirked, and swiveled my stool to face the girl. She had short brown hair, with traces of blue eyeliner found under her dark green eyes. Her dress was simple, but it was enough.

"Hey, anything to drink?"

She gingerly placed her hand on my knee and responded, "Yeah, if you have anything stronger than just beer. I think now would be the perfect time for some shots."

And then the vodka made its appearance faster than the bat of an eyelash.

I took note as she gulped down the first glass, and she grimaced as the liquid hit her lips.

"Not good with alcohol?" Her hand creeped further up my leg.

"I'm perfectly fine with it, but this is something else. Strong as shit. But if my calculations are correct, you don't even have a cup in your hand."

I didn't intend to get drunk tonight, but whatever. Fuck it.

At this realization, I grabbed a glass and downed it; it burned my throat but I had gotten used to the feeling.

And before I knew it, I had four empty shot glasses in front of me.

Make that five.

The girl had six, and was obviously drunk.