try again tomorrow

After about 20 minutes of walking I finally arrived at Lauren's house. To say I was nervous would be a lie. I'm shitting myself. She probably won't even give me a chance to explain so this could be worthless.
I knocked on the door and after a couple of seconds a women in her late 30s/ early 40s opened it. I'm guessing it's Lauren's mum.

"Hi. Erm. Is Lauren here?" I asked hoping she was.

"Yes she is. Would you like me to go and tell her you're here?" She suggested.

"No." I say almost instantly.

"And why not? Who are you?" She asked obviously suspicious to see why I'm here.

"I'm Camila and it's just th-" I didn't have time to finish because she interrupted.

"Oh your Camila?" She asked. I was about to respond but she kept talking.
"The girl that has made my daughter cry too many times. The girl that broke her heart. The girl that-"

"Please Mrs Jauregui." I almost beg.
"You have to understand that I never wanted to hurt Lauren. She means a lot to me. If she didn't then I wouldn't be here now. I just want to speak to her."

"I'll tell her you're here." I was about to interrupt but she put a finger in my face telling me to shut up.
"I doubt she wants to see you, so if you go up there it's only going to make her upset." I nod understanding where Mrs Jauregui is coming from.

She shut the door and after about 2 minutes she returned.

"She doesn't want to see you yet. Give her time ok?" She says and I nod slightly.

"Thank you anyway Mrs Jauregui. Tell Lauren I'm sorry and I love her." Mr Jauregui gave me a small smile.

"I will do." With that said I started walking away.
"Oh and Camila." Mrs Jauregui shouts.
"Please call me Clara."

I smiled and waved her goodbye. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

Writer's note
Hi guys!!
Sorry it's short.
Today was my last exam!!!! I've finished school!!
What do you guys think is going to happen? Will Lauren eventually forgive Camila or will she find someone else?
Anyway, I hope you all have a good day/night