Chapter 11: One-on-One.

Happy birthday, Pac. 🙏🏾✨

_______________________________________________________________________

Lisa's POV.

"Bullshit!" I yelled at Pac who just put down his final card in the game of Bullshit.

"You been lookin' at my cards the whole time. Cheatin' ass!" he responded while turning over his card. Instead of it being an ace, it was a king.

"I ain't cheating, I just happen to have all the aces. You better get to picking all that shit up. Ain't no winning today." I smirked, pointing to the huge pile of cards that sat in the middle of the table. Pac mugged me.

"I'm getting tired of this game. Pac basically got the whole deck now so he'll know if we're lying or not." Angel said while lowering down the three cards she held in her hand. She was right, we had been playing this game for about thirty minutes and it was getting a bit too repetitive. I could sense that Jackson was getting tired of the game too. Somebody made it to their last card but always got called out.

My due date was at the end of the month. I had to be honest, my stay here was like a break from reality. Thanks to our weekly yoga sessions, I felt refreshed—without the worries of having to do concerts or interviews every hour.

I didn't want to leave but it was my job.

Jackson began gathering the cards and stuffed them in his jeans pocket as we all got out of the booth. I began heading towards the cafeteria exit. A nap would've sufficed as a way to speed up time, but Pac wouldn't let me go.

Pac grabbed my arm, pulling me back before I could leave. "Whatchu' gonna go do now?"

"I wanted to nap. Just trying to pass time."

"What about we hang out? Let's watch one of the movies they got here."

"Movies? Imma' end up falling asleep. How about we play some ball out on the court?" I looked out the cafeteria window to find the court completely deserted.

"Play ball with me? One-on-one? It's clear that you don't know what you're about to get yourself into." Pac stated with a slight shoulder shrug. Correction, he didn't know what he was getting himself into. I was the king of the court, yes, the king of the court.

We re-routed, making a u-turn outside. The suns hot rays immediately glazed my skin as I made my way further out to grab the single basketball that sat idle in the middle of the court. I began dribbling the ball in place while Pac inched towards me, trying to block my path to the hoop.

Instead, I dodged his block using a spin move and jogged up to the hoop, successfully making a shot. The ball bounced back to me and I caught it, dribbling it once again. "Five seconds into the game and I'm already winning? Not a good start."

"I let you make that one." he scoffed. If he was about to step his game up, I was going to too.

"Mhm, sure you did." Suddenly, Pac stepped in and stole the ball from my hand. I tried to steal it away, but he made it hard to do so. I finally gained control, only for him to take it from me once again, making a lucky shot from where he stood.

"You were lucky on that one!" I shouted.

"I just got mad skills, shawty." he smirked. Our game continued on for about another hour, til I got tired. I loved sweating, but my breathing was jagged and my legs were beginning to get sore. Pac was winning by a few points anyways, 42-50.

"I won. That's payback for you callin' bullshit on me." he smirked while putting his sweaty arm around me. We entered the building once again to freshen up and recover from the game.

"First off, I got tired. I would've been on your ass if I didn't slack off," I began. "Second, you're sweaty as hell, smelling like onions and armpit and you have the audacity to put yo' arm around me as if I'm not hot enough already."

This made him squeeze his arm around me even more. I shot him a glare which made him chuckle. We returned back inside to the cafeteria. I was absolutely parched, deciding it was best to get water while we were in the café.  Picking out two cold water bottles from the drink cooler, I tossed one over to Pac who stood by a table, and opened my own, gulping down almost half of it within seconds.

Pac took a seat at the table. "Damn, ma. Slow ya' roll before you choke."

"If I choke, that's on me," I said, sitting across from him. "So, when do you get out of here?"

"First week of Feburary. Right before the Grammys. How 'bout you?"

He was going to the Grammys too? I doubt he'd be performing, his music is too vulgar.

"The end of January. What you doing at the Grammys?"

"Well, I am famous..." he trailed off.

"No, fool. I meant are you performing?"

"Nah, I just got an invite. Y'all ain't get one?"

"We're performing," I grinned. "I just gotta get out of here so I can finish learning our routine and actually practice it with my girls." It would be easy for me to catch up with the dance routine. With such little time, I just had to put in my all during rehearsals.

"Good luck to y'all. Besides your girls, who you goin' with? Yo' momma?"

For a split second, I thought about Andre. When I get out, will he try to make things right with me?

"No, no one actually. I don't think I do. Why? You wanna be my date or something?" I said while tightening the cap of my water bottle.

He began to stroke his goatee, raising a brow. "I don't have a date. Your boy will be pulling up there alone."

"I'd hate for you to be lonely. In that case, I'd love to be your date." I smiled. Pac's face lit up, he looked like a little boy on Christmas day.

"You sure know how to make a real nigga happy. It's settled then. We'll keep in contact once I get out." Pac nodded his head.

_______________________________________________________________________

Hey y'all. Well, if you guys didn't notice, I decided to make this an NWA/TLC/Tupac story instead of it strictly being TLC and NWA. I'm sorry if the story is progressing slowly, I'll try to update frequently now that school is coming to a close.

I love y'all. ❤️