Chapter 4

Previously:

"Good night best friend!" Jared says.

"Night bestie!" I say.

We turn so our backs are facing together. Oh dear god how much I want to cuddle this boy, but he probably doesn't want to. I close my eyes knowing that Jared is sleeping next to me, and fall asleep instantly.

••••••••••••••••••

I wake up to the sun shining through the window, which I mentally curse myself for not closing the curtains before we went to sleep last night. I feel something wrapped around my waist so I look down and blush at the sight of Jared's arm wrapped around me.

I grab my phone off the table and check the time. 12:45 pm. God I don't remember the last time I woke up this early.

"Morning." I hear Jared say from behind me.

I turn to my other side so I could face him, and I smile.

"Good morning." I say.

He looks down at his arm and his eyes widen at the sight of his arm wrapped around my waist.

"I'm sorry." He said blushing.

"It's okay." I say.

"What time is it?" He asks.

"12:45." I respond.

"I haven't slept in this late in forever."

"I haven't woken up this early in awhile." I say with a laugh.

"Really?" He said.

"Yup. Since I'm like three days into spring break, I've been staying up later and sleeping in later."

"What's the latest you've slept in so far this week?"

"Um. I think it was somewhere around 2:30 or 3:00 in the afternoon."

"I could never do that!" He said laughing.

"Yeah. My mother used to sleep in a lot so I guess I get it from her." I say.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your parents?"

I knew this question would come up sooner or later. I take a deep breath and begin to speak.

"When I was eight, I was home with a nanny while my parents went out for dinner. They left at 5:00 and said they'd be home at the latest, 8:30. It was 9:30 and the nanny was getting me ready to bed when she got a phone call from the hospital. My parents were hit in the rear and they skidded of the road and hit a tree. My father died on impact, but my mother died when she was being airlifted to the hospital." I said with tears threatening to fall.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry Savannah." He said hugging me.

I bury my face into his chest and a tear fell from my eye. I push down all of the emotions and pull away.

"They're in a better place I guess." I say sighing.

"If you ever need to talk to me, just let me know." He says, his hazel eyes looking into my blue ones.

"Thank you Jared. I need that." I say with a soft smile.

"We should probably go downstairs." Jared suggests.

"Yeah that would be a good idea." I say unplugging my phone and put my black frames on my face.

We both get out of bed and walk across the room. Since I basically Snapchat my life, I opened it up and flip it to the selfie side. Since Jared was looking down on his phone he didn't notice me zooming in on his face as we walked. I laugh as I watched the video and Jared looks over my shoulder. He glared at me, which caused me to laugh even harder. I caption it: Mornings with my best friend💓