Chapter 8

Previously:

Deciding that I wasn't gonna be creepy and just stand and stare, I finally manage to get words out.

"Savannah?" I said.

•••••

Savannah's POV

Pain.

Pain was all that I could feel.

My left hand was in excruciating pain, my head was pounding so hard I swear that God could hear it, and the now sealed up cuts from random shards of glass in my right arm stung every now and then.

I had now gone through what my birth parents had gone through; I'm just lucky it didn't kill me like it did to them.

It took me a little bit to understand what I had just experienced in the past several hours. Could you imagine waking up in a hospital bed, dazed, confused, and immediately being confronted by men and women in scrubs? Then being told that you were in a terrible accident that nearly killed your adoptive mother that you have come to know and love? Not to mention your, or as she likes to call it, Auntie.

Every time I think about that accident, I find myself holding back tears harder than I ever have in my life.

I look up from the pale white tiled floor, my gaze being put back onto the flat screen television mounted on the wall. Keeping Up With The Kardashians was currently being played on the screen, the yells of Scott and Kourtney being faintly transferred from the speakers and into the room.

Since this was one of my favorite shows, it easily distracted me from the constant beeps coming from the machine next to me and the throbbing pain coming from my left hand.

"Savannah?" I heard a familiar voice say.

I turn my head towards the source of sound and see my boyfriend standing in the doorway. His facial expression let off a very concerned energy; I could practically read his face.

"J-Jared?" I let out, this being the first time I've talked since this morning.

He let out a sigh of relief and made his way over to the bed, bringing a green plush chair closer. He sat down and carefully reached for my right hand.

"How are you feeling?" He asks lacing our fingers.

"I'd be lying if I told you that I'm even just feeling decent." I reply looking at the ground once again.

"I'm so sorry this happened babe." He said taking my hand up to his lips, giving it a kiss and leaving it there.

"Nothing you could've done about it." I say, a tear threatening to fall.

Luckily, the tears didn't fall. I guess holding back the salty liquid for the past two hours made me almost imune to letting them release. I turn my attention away from Jared and place it onto the TV.

We sat there for a few minutes just watching the TV, me finally feeling at ease. The feeling of anxiousness that has filled my body for the past two hours has been released, which caused me to let out a deep breath.

"You okay?" Jared asks facing me.

"Yeah, it just feels good to have you here." I say with a smile, which caused one to appear on his face as well.

After a good twenty minutes, the episode was over and my attention was put towards Jared.

"Where's my phone?" I ask as I start to search for room.

"I'm pretty sure the front desk has it, do you want me to go ask for it?" Jared asks.

"Um," I say pausing to think. "Sure."