Chapter 13

"Ultron know we're coming." Steve said as we made our way to Sokovia. "Odds are, we'll be riding into heavy fire and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace and that's not gonna happen but we can do our best to protect them and we can get the job done. We find out what Utron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monster and we're what's wrong with the world. This is just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

I guarded Wanda with a knife in my injured hand as she used her magic to get people out of their homes, onto the streets and out of the city.

"Go, I got this. Help lead the people out of the city." She told me. I nodded before helping a group over a different bridge. More people followed the group and crossed the bridge. I urged them to move faster over the bridge and out of the city.

Then people started screaming. I looked over the bridge and saw robots crawling up on the banks of the river and up the wall of the bridge. I pulled out two guns and started shooting at them. They got closer to the top to the point where I had to step back. My head jerked to the side as I heard a high pitch scream. A robot that had no lower body had a hold of a little boy's ankle.

I shot the robot in front of me and weaved my way through the running people. I got over to the little boy and lifted him up in my arms. He wrapped his arms tightly around my neck as the robot clung to the boy's ankle. I aimed at its face, shotting it off. I placed the boy down and urged him to the other side of the bridge.

"Everyone, off the bridge. Stay back!" I yelled at the people who ran past me to the other side. I guarded the boy when a blast from a robot clipped my shoulder. I twisted around, landing on my other shoulder. I looked up, seeing the little boy I was guarding holding out my gun to me.

"Get back. Run!" I took my gun from the boy as I got up and shoved him forward with a hand to his back. Robots climbed up and over the railing of the bridge and reached for me. I aimed at them, whiling keeping a hand on the boy's back.

The boy ran into the arms of a woman as I felt the ground rumbled under my feet. I ran to the middle of the bridge as a crack started to form right where I was standing. The crack started to crumple into bigger and bigger cracks as more people ran past me.

"Everyone, get off the bridge! NOW!" I yelled out in warning. People stopped running, and went back to the side they came on. The bridge broke right between my feet and I quickly moved to the side. The other side fell as Sovokia started to levitate. I barely managed to duck under a blast and I quickly shot the robot. Their blue glowing eyes turned red.

"Do you see the beauty of it?" Ultron's voice sounded through the robot. I shot it and the next one behind it, eyes turned from blue to red. "You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword and the Earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

I ducked under another blast and kicked back a robot away from me. People around me ducked behind cars, for safety. Shooting a bot in the chest, I saw more coming. Without hesitating, I started running away from the people to give them enough time to get to actual cover. The robots followed me causing me to shot behind and above me.

I felt a robot grab my foot lifting me up in the air. He flew up and I saw Wanda hiding behind a car. I crunched myself up, yanking out a knife and lodging it into the robot's chest. I was dropped as the robot died and I fell onto the ground. Clint jerked around, aiming an arrow at me. He moved the bow up, shooting a bot that was running at us. It exploded, taking out two with it.

"Cap, you got incoming." Tony's voice came from my ear piece.

"Incoming already came in." Steve answered back. I rolled to my feet and started throwing knifes at robots. Clint and I moved around each other, killing off more robots but more kept coming. "Stark, you worry about bring the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job. Tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off."

I cocked my head at Steve's words as Clint shot an arrow over my shoulder. The arrow lodged itself in the robot and I saw the red flash. Clint grabbed Wanda and the three of us jumped through a window as the robot that was coming towards us with the arrow, exploded. We moved against the wall and I started to reload.

"How could I let this happen?" Wanda asked herself. I glanced down at her while pushing bullets into a magazine. Clint looked at her as she said that.

"Hey, hey. You okay?" He asked her.

"This is all our fault." She said.

"Hey, look at me. It's your fault, my fault, Riley's fault, it's everybody's fault. Who cares. Are you up for this? Are you? Look, I just need to know cause the city is flying. Okay, the city is flying. We're fighting an army of robots and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense." Two blasts shot through the wall as he finished. He shot an arrow through one hole while I shot through the other. Clint looked back down at Wanda. "But Riley and I are going back out there cause this is our job. Okay, and we can't do our job and baby sit. Doesn't matter what you did or what you were. If you go out there, you fight. And you fight to kill. Stay in here, you're good. I'll send your brother to come find you but if you step out that door, you are an Avenger. Ahh, good shot."

Clint stopped up and grabbed something from his ankle. He attached it to his bow and looked at me.

"The city is flying. The city's flying." He busted open the door and aimed at the robots. I tapped Wanda's shoulder as I ran out, firing my gun at them.

"You can't save them all." Ultron's voice came through a robot. "You'll never-" I shot it in the face and the body of the robot fell to the ground.

"I'm sorry, you didn't quite finish. No biggey." I told the dead robot. Blasts shot past me and I hide behind a car. When I looked up, a number of robot lite up red and torn apart. I saw Wanda looking at me as she got rid of the last robot.

"Alright, we're all clear here." Clint said into the ear piece.

"We are not clear. We are very not clear." Steve answered back.

"Alright coming to you." Clint told him. Pietro zipped past me then Wanda was gone.

"Keep up old man." Pietro said to Clint as he zipped by. I watched as Clint raised his bow and aimed it at where Wanda was originally standing.

"Nobody would know. Nobody. The last time I saw him, Ultron was sitting on him. Yeah, he'll be missed, that quick little bastard. I miss him already."

I laughed at him as we started to run to main part of the city.