Chapter 28

Somewhere in Bulgaria

"Do you think it will actually work?" The youngest of the men turned to her. The woman looked up from the files and raised a bow.

"You think it won't?" She asked him. She saw that he started to shake in his boots.

"No, ma'am. I'm just saying it's a little risky for..." The man trailed off.

"For what? Me?" The woman stood up, picking up the gun from her desk. She tapped the head of the gun against the table before walking over to the man. "That's where you're wrong. Nothing is too risky for me."

"Ma'am, please." The man pleaded. For his life. The woman raised her gun to the man's head.

"You should have kept your mouth shut. Now, I'm going to shut it for you."

"No, ple,-" The man's plea was cut short when the woman pulled the trigger. Blood spattered on the people that were behind the man and they jumped. The body fell back onto the hard cold ground and the woman looked at the other men.

"Anymore assumptions about me?" The woman asked, quite politely. Everyone shook their head very quickly. "Then get out of my sight."

The men moved out the room at a fast pace expect one. He walked up to her, stepping over the body.

"Quite a mess. You going to clean it up?" He asked her. The woman shrugged before turning back to her desk and sitting back down. The man placed his hands on the top of the desk and leaned some of his weight on it as she picked up a file. "Can you find her?"

"I can still find her even if she didn't even touch the Accords. It will just take a little more time. And once she finds out that Steve left her without a second glance, she will be devastated and she'll give up, letting me find her in no time." She answered him, picking up another file.

"How much more?" The man asked. The woman sighed and looked at him.

"I don't know. If I did, I would tell you. I have to find her before he does." The woman admitted.

"Before he does? What does he have to do with this?" The man asked her. She glared at the man.

"He has everything to do with this. If he reaches her before I do and gives her all the things she had been missing, everything I've worked for goes down the drain." She hissed.

"Why are so content on finding this one woman? She has to mean something to you." The man said.

"She means nothing to me." The woman lied.

"She's from your past, isn't she?" The woman didn't say a word. "You said you never wanted to talk about your past. Well if you want me to help you look for her you have to tell me now. What does she mean to you?"

"She killed someone I once loved. So her death means everything to me."