Play 2

[ Chiyori's P.O.V. ]

My face held an expression of relief as I stepped out of the airport with luggages in tow and a sleepy Asami who looked annoyed and grumpy due to her sleep being disturbed.

"Remind me not to stay late at night when having a flight tomorrow morning," she mumbled next to me.

A taxi stopped right in front of us. "Not my fault though. I told you to sleep early," I said as I got inside and told the driver our destination. The drive was quiet and I was glad for the silence. I didn't feel like starting or engaging in a conversation right now. I was too tired to even open my mouth.

Slowly, my eyelids became heavy, but before I could even happily give in to sleep, my adorable cousin slapped that sleep away from my grasp.

"Chiyori!"

A groan left my lips and my eyes grew larger as my body was being shook awake. My eyes zeroed on Asami and her smiling face came into view. "We're here!"

I never wanted to kill someone before as much as I did right now.

Asami must've noticed the murderous look I was giving her as she slowly retreated and distanced herself with a meek smile on her face.

Annoyed, I dragged my travel bags outside and thanked the driver before I faced the apartment building where my brother resides.

Finally.

*****

Finally.

We were standing for almost an hour in front of my brother's door to his apartment.

And all we ever did was stand. Yup. We just stood there uselessly. Sooo productive.

"Oi, Chiyori... We've been staring at the door for about an hour now. Any plan to knock? I'm starting to get muscle cramps and I'm sleepy," Asami complained as she started to tap her foot on the ground impatiently.

"R-Right, Sorry," I faced the door once again and moved my hands to knock on the door.

I knocked, no response. I knocked again, no response. I knocked and knocked all over again and still no response.

My veins were starting to pulse in annoyance and I felt like banging my head.

"Maybe he's not around," Asami concluded with an I'm-so-done-and-sleepy look on her face.

"It looks like it," I agreed, staring at the doorknob. I rubbed my eyes, the sleepiness starting to get on my nerves.

I looked back at the door, my eyes twitching as I remembered something.

Well... my brother was quite an idiot you know. He had this unhealthy habit of not locking doors and if he hadn't change then maybe... just maybe...

I stood up straight and grabbed the knob.

"Remember how my brother tends to forget locking his door?"
I grabbed the doorknob. Just trying. Just trying if that habit hasn't died down yet.

"Of course but I don't think he is that stupid to leave the door of his apartment open-"

"Let's just try-"

The audible click silenced the both of us and we stared at the now open door flatly.

Not an idiot huh? I doubt that. I pushed the door open.

Asami sweat dropped. "Or maybe he is," she continued.

Just how much stupidity did he stored?

Leaving the door of his apartment open... What if a thief got inside?