Play 26

Life can be the syrup to your pancakes or life can be the stubborn stain on your white tiles that won't go away no matter how hard you scrub.

And right now, life is being the latter to you.

Just when you're completely restless and all, Aomine decided to prove you he wasn't capable of anything romantic and ruin the moment.

All that feeling went to garbage bin the moment he pinched my face mercilessly. "You're a pain in the ass!"

I blinked in confusion. Huh?

"As much as I love seeing your embarrassed face, I'd like to see Tetsu and Kise's match so set aside your apology for now and let's hurry d*mn it!"

My face literally turned into a blank stone carving of Saitama's famous expression as Ahomine turned around like nothing happened.

What in the actual f*ck...

I watched his back with twitching eyes and tightened face.

I really thought he was going to... nevermind. Why was I even hoping right? Wait-

what am I even hoping?!

Flustered, I jogged towards Aomine and slowed down as I reached his side.

The walk was kind of awkward and as much as I wanted to break the ice, I couldn't.

In the first place, what was there to say? Like my mind was extremely blank of sane thoughts. Inwardly, I was on total chaos but outside, I looked like an empty shell walking with a bipolar man beside me that has zero remorse of what he did to my heart.

Wait a minute-what did he even do to my heart?

My brain was like a messed up carnival with my thoughts going on like an endless rollercoaster.

My thoughts were jumbled, my emotions were all over the place.

Why the hell I am feeling so disappointed?

What the hell is happening to me?!

"I-"

My sentence were cut off as I stared at the side profile of Aomine and my heartbeat started to become erratic.

My eyes trailed off to his lips, to his nose, to his eyes...

Our gazes met and as fast as lightning, I averted my eyes, my neck aching at the sudden movement.

I bit my lips to prevent myself from squealing.

Why the f*ck he is so gorgeous today!

I was busy dealing on my thoughts and did not notice the frown on Aomine's face or the way his eyes stared deeply at my form.

"Do you have something to say?"

I flinched and turned quickly at his direction. I tried to say a smart comeback amidst the stuttering dilemma I was in but the only decent word I was able to come up was an unsure "W-Wh-aat?"

Facepalmed.

I look like an idiot...

Aomine looked at me weirdly like I'd have grown another head. "Oi... you sure you're alright? You're face is red, you look like a walking chilli pepper."

"I'm fine!" I immediately covered my face with my hands and looked down.

What the hell am I blushing for?

I peered up at him and my heart goes wild again.

Do I...

Do I like... him?